Trailer/camper support

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by jtbo, Nov 29, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think it was MadCowie who had mod in rF1 that had camper racing, silly thing is it actually is real form of racing, at least my memory lies to me that I have seen such video from UK, I believe it is sub species of banger racing?

Now trailer support would also be beneficial of stunt racing, which might be nice bit to separate from rest of the sims, it is real form of motorsports or at least driving, but I think they have stunt driving competitions too at some place?

I base this on my never failing logic of if it has a motor, someone will race it.

Anyway I'm not sure how much work such support would be, also I understand that it is very low priority at most, probably not going to happen, but it is also something that I would think that might be profitable and also bring new people into simming.

Then again, there is always 50/60 chance I'm being wrong :)

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

That gave me an idea for car domino:

[​IMG]

That is just something very basic SIGN-physics with added mass. Then I got another idea! Why not make the crashable cars as AI opponents with all the proper damage properties, even with detachable parts.

For car domino you model a wrecked car in upright position. Then you give this a special tag "AI_Only" so that player cannot choose this car. Then edit the engine.ini/hdv file so that AI cannot drive the car in any circumstances. When you go to race, you can choose how many AI opponents you want, meaning how many cars you try to crash down. Of course you need a special track with such starting positions so that AI crash cars are aligned correctly in line.

It is possible maybe even have a fire upon crashing if AI engine damage impact force is set to a very low value. Together with car domino you can also have jump stunt over parked cars. This idea is actually very simple to make, we just need to wait for rF2 damage model ;)

I don't know if this was what you had in mind about stunt driving, but I just occurred to me.

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That too is part of stunt driving, very cool thing that it is possible to make such, also with properly calculated tires it is perfectly possible to drive on two wheels etc, well if one is able to drive such way, it is not very easy for me.

Now if we combine these things to my earlier suggestion of auto-x features, that might provide something that has not been done yet, user made and shared stunt tracks and events that you could actually do on the fly at the server.

They jump with trailers there, even with a tank!
    http://www.thrillchampions.com/

They teach stuff in UK
    http://stuntdriveuk.com/
    http://www.paulswift.com/

I guess there is some places teaching that in US too, where else Ken Block has learned to drive? ;)

In Japan they of course have reality shows from stunt driving:

In UK they really do race with camper/trailers, whatever reason they have to do so is better left unasked, but it is actual form of motorsport:

4. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

Hehehe, all this would be very fun to be able to simulate! In sweden we also have Folkrace, which is like "peoples race" with or without caravans (husvagnar in swedish):

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Meanwhile in the Netherlands (1980's)