Tracks to races offline

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Gleidson, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

Guys, does anyone know any site where there are good tracks for offline racing?

I have downloaded it from some websites and also from the Steam workshop, so I edit the AIW and do what is necessary, most of them get great results but I would like to not have to keep editing every track I download, get ready-made tracks with the BLock line and corrected limits.

In some, like in Mid-Ohio, when there's a yellow flag, the AIs zigzag behind the safety car, leave the track in some corners, then go around and stay in the way and generate a lot of problems, I've never found a solution to this problem at full course yellow

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In rF2's present state, you cannot run yellow flags and expect anything close to believable racing. For five years now we have recommended just turning off the flags. rF2 has been broken in this area and many more for solo/offline players and the priorities are NOT to attempt fixes until after the UI(5+years now) & Comp System(3 years development going on it's 2nd year of public testing) have been fully sorted. Add in the various eSports leagues, work with the other MG properties and you probably will not be seeing any change in this for years. Do yourself a favor and turn off the flags. Someday S397 'may' throw offline users a bone, but it is not this year.

Emery and atomed like this.
  3. vava74

vava74 Registered

You should also check the Forum posts on AIWs provided by manfredk, atomed and topsecret/mark pearce.

Gleidson and davehenrie like this.
  4. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I understand this point of view, but as I mentioned, I have had good offline races and few problems with the yellow flag, the problem I have been having is with the line that the AI follows during full course yellow and it occurs in a few tracks, in others the AI goes normal behind the safety car, I just disable the freezing of positions and bingo, it works perfectly, but on tracks like Mid-Ohio the AI goes back and forth on the track and ends up running, if you go straight, it ends the problem.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Didn't know that was possible. How do you do that?

Gleidson likes this.
  6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Don't know for sure, but maybe you can muck around with stuff in the CustomPluginVariables.JSON file in your ....Userdata/Player folder
    upload_2021-11-20_14-23-21.png

Gleidson likes this.
  7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

afaik the AI uses the left an right path when FCY or formation lap. And now look at left and right path of Mid Ohio. So no wonder the AI is mad
    [​IMG]

The Iron Wolf, Gleidson and Emery like this.
  8. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

How do I change the line used in FCY?
    It should be something easy but as I speak Portuguese, it's a bit difficult for me, I'm learning by watching tutorials and translating via google, the translation is not always good.

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Just record a new left and right path - like you did it with AIW/fastest path

For example left path. Press "Record a new best path" and after recording press "save waypoints"
    [​IMG]

Gleidson likes this.
  10. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

Fix the left and right lines, the cars go right on a full yellow flag, but now when the safety car goes off the track, not the green flag, the AIs, the message "one lap to green flag" is left until the end of the race.

Complicated, you fix one thing and another appears, it's fucking