Trackmap ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

I can remember for a long while,we had a trackmap in RF2 and there was a problem with DX11 ,so there is no more...
    Will this come back someday or must we use a third party tool?Is there a easy to use one,for getting old and lazy...(me)..?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF2 never came with a trackmap, you likely used the trackmap plugin for so long you forgot where it came from.

The only on-screen app I'm aware of is simhub, so you could look into that. Drawing support for plugins hasn't been mentioned for a long time and I wouldn't expect it in the next year or two.

The new UI has a live map built in to the garage monitor interface, the in-car HUD hasn't yet had an update so not sure what they'll eventually implement there.

Dady Cairo likes this.
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

It would be great if Studio 397 would offer a Trackmap in Cockpitview,like in garage in the futur.

4. Wade

Wade Registered

Yeah... I wish they would do a lot of thing with the interface. I've figured out how to use sumhub HUD, and it helps out in other sims, too. I can turn off the hud of the sim and use the simhub one between most different games.

To do it, you download simhub and install it, then go through whatever few steps there might be in getting it to recognize rFactor 2. It should guide you through that. Then you click Dash Studio on the left side, click new dashboard, then edit it. In the editor, click 'more components' on the left, and then you can choose to 'generate track map' or 'generate static track map'. The non-static one rotates and is zoomed in on you.

Then you position it on the screen of the editor where you want it, edit the values on the right for how it looks (BaseMapScale changes how zoomed in the rotating map is), then press save.

Then, on your list of dashboards, click start on the one you made, click window, then take the new black window and maximize it on the screen rF2 will be on, and click the dotted circle button. That should overlay on rF2. It is working on borderless, for me.

(Edit for VR users: To use in VR, you need an app through steam called OVR toolkit. That is clunky, but it lets you put a 3D window into the cockpit in VR.)

Then if you want, you can add other stuff, like a better RPM gauge than what rF2 has, and there is even a radar app, called Visual Radar on the 'more components' list.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    avenger82 likes this.
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Thanks for your advise! i had bought SimHub for 5 Euro and then i saw,it works not in FULLSCREEN with the SIMS i drive,so it is useless to me.Hope the Devs implement one..someday.