Trackmap Plugin help

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Apandgab, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Apandgab

Apandgab Registered

Hey all,

I have recently had an issue with rFactor 2 not working due to freezing during startup and after doing some research (messing around with files) I realised the issue is linked to the trackmap plugin by fazerbox. The file that causes the crash is the d3d9.dll file but without it the plugin does not work. I have had no issues with the plugin before (and I like it quite a bit) but now it does not work.
    [​IMG]Any ideas on how to fix the issue/plugin?[​IMG]

My system specs are:
    Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980ti (drivers up to date)
    CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.00Ghz
    RAM: 32GB (2x16)

2. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Look to see if you're running any other types of overlays and try to turn those off. For example, TM and EVGA PrecisionX's OSD conflict for me... I believe both are trying to access the same D3D layer.

3. Apandgab

Apandgab Registered

Noobish question but where can I check to see if I am running any other overlays? I am unaware of any but would like to make sure. Also how could I turn any additional overlays off if I find any?
    Sorry for the noobish questions but as mentioned before I have never had any issues with rF2.

4. jjcook

jjcook Registered

task manager - i had to turn off a cpu program i had running and disabled it in task manager

5. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Have you added any other plugins to rF2?

jjcook mentions Task Manager which is a good place to look. You also may just have to check some of the usual suspects and look at their settings:

- TeamSpeak and similar chat programs have overlays so you can see who is talking
    - CPU/GPU monitoring programs may offer an OSD option.
    - Also look at the icons beside the clock for suspicious applications. EVGA PrecisionX used to (I haven't verified this recently) launch an OSD server which had a system tray icon.

6. Apandgab

Apandgab Registered

:)GOOD NEWS!!:)
    I managed to disable a background software that gave me an error when I performed a restart and now the plugin works.
    :eek:BAD NEWS!!:eek:
    The plugin works but each component flickers constantly at around 1 second intervals. This mean the plugin is basically unplayable as the flickers are irritating for the eyes.
    Any ideas on how to fix the flickering?

Euskotracks likes this.
  7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

No idea but it would be interesting to know which was the program that was causing the error.

8. Apandgab

Apandgab Registered

The program I disabled was called "rzklservice" but having done some more testing I don't think it solved the issue completely. I also turned off all applications related to Razer Synapse and now the game does not crash. So I believe it was Razer Synapse causing the issue.

I also did a quick google search and it turns out pressing Ctrl-F fixes the flickering. It also turns on a small fps counter, which I find a little bit annoying, but at least the problem seems solved.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Euskotracks likes this.
  9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Its just on a hand full of tracks, mostly when the timing tower is involved...

10. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

If you toggle ctrl-f again you get the texture usage bar, toggle a third time and you get the fps and the texture bar, fourth time shuts them off again. Also, ctrl-c gives you the physics/texture usage box ... maybe you prefer it.

And, with rF2, you can load the single player game, then go to options->plugins/difficulty and see which ingame plugins you have active and turn them on/off if you want.

FYI, I know the "sweetfx" addon, that brightens the screen colors is not compatible with trackmap at the moment.

Finally, in rF1, you could supposedly have 2 d3d9.dll files active by renaming one in the TrackMapPlugin.ini file. Not sure if that works in rF2 now.

Euskotracks likes this.
  11. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Ctrl + F solves that.