TrackIR plugin does not load when entering race in spectator mode

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by David.V, May 12, 2019.

1. David.V

David.V Registered

Hello,

Any idea why I can not use my TrackIR when I start the game in spectactor mode? It seems that this issue is known since a few years but it still not fixed...

Liongivre likes this.
  2. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

I stopped using TrackIR in RF2, someone at ISI wrote this plugin many many years ago with many bugs and no one has never fixed it.

3. David.V

David.V Registered

But why does it work in normal driver mode? Only in spectator mode we have issue !

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Because plugins get a different sequence of activations/ notifications in single player compared to spectator or driver swap situations. In addition, it's possible some changes over the years have changed that sequence since the plugin was written, so it might have originally worked but now doesn't.

Out of curiosity - are you only spectating, or taking control of a car?

Ari Antero likes this.
  5. Paolo Pennimpede

If you start the race you can use TrackIR, but if you spectate (and swap driver) TrackIR stop working in game, if you alt tab you can see it's software correctly receiving signal, but in game you can't get any head movement.

Also if you are in game, not spectating, during practice for example, and you want to see someone onboard you got this:

You can look only "front left"

and this

This is free camera outside the car. I try to counter movement with mouse but still moving around 360° on the upper or lower left.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  6. David.V

David.V Registered

I was spectating in order to take control of a car (it was during an endurance race).

7. David.V

David.V Registered

Indeed, TrackIR is not working in game in this case but it is correctly managed by the software when I alt tab.

8. David.V

David.V Registered

Up

Any news? Any chance to have a fix for this issue ? I can't afford tripple screen or VR. TrackIR is really a low cost way for me...

9. Paolo Pennimpede

I don't think they have ppl to put to work on this. There are so many bigger bugs to fix before this.
    We need someone who have TrackIR and is skilled in programming to rewrite the plugin.

10. David.V

David.V Registered

I don't think it's linked to plugin. It seems plugin is just not loaded when starting game in spectator mode...

11. Paolo Pennimpede

I have talked to TrackIR support and after many mail with try this and try that he told me that it's probably a plugin problem.
    I don't know if there is a way to check if the plugin is loaded in spectate. I don't remember right now if it's possible but maybe an easy test is to enter in spectate, then go back in network settings and deselect spectate then check if it's working, without leaving the game.

12. David.V

David.V Registered

Hello Guys,

Still the issue with TrackIR, really nothing plan to fix that ? That's too bad to have such a good sim but with this kind of issue not solved from many years now....

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

14. David.V

David.V Registered

Yeah exactly, thanks :)

15. David.V

David.V Registered

Hello ! Some news about this issue. I was training with my mates yesterday, and we tried the driver swap. And this is what happened :
    - Track IR correctly managed when launching game and driving.
    - When entering server in spectate and swap into car : TrackIR does not work.
    - When pitting to give car to my mate : TrackIR works when leaving car ! (without exiting game).

So... What is this issue ? Seems plug in works. But there is a strange issue with TrackIR management between "Drive" and "Spectate" mode. Please Studio Team, is this could help to solve this issue?

16. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I don’t think anything has changed? TrackIR loads correctly for the first driver but doesn’t work for the swap-in driver - but comes back to life for the original driver again when he is ‘released’ from the car…?

Lazza likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@David.V I don't know how to say it any differently. When writing a plugin for 'normal' single player, you can respond to certain events and it all works fine. Sessions start, realtime is entered which means getting into the car, realtime is exited, sessions end.

On a driver swap that doesn't happen. A plugin needs to react differently in order for that to work, and there's a way to organise it so that both single player and driver swaps are catered for. (personally I'm using scoring data as a trigger, and basically ignoring the 'realtime' events)

It's quite possible that some part of completing or exiting a driver swap manages to trigger the right sequence to sort of make a plugin work, but it needs to be reorganised to handle it properly. As per the other thread I linked, a number of plugin developers know how to do that, and I offered to guide S397 in making that happen, but as far as I'm aware nothing has happened.

Nothing has changed. The TrackIR plugin is all there, working, and everything it needs to work with driverswaps is all there, it just needs to be slightly changed to respond correctly. Until that happens there is no solution.

18. David.V

David.V Registered

Sorry but I don't understand why it should be different between "normal" driving and "swap driver". Typically, What I noticed on my last trainiing seems like :

If (currentState == "Drive") {
    TrackIrEnabled = true;
    }
    if (currentState == "Spetacte") {
    ... (no track IR activated)
    }

And when swapping driver at the end of my session, CurrentState became "Drive" and TrackIr was enabled...

I don't know what happen exactly but it makes non sense for me that it don't work when entering server as spectator !