Track wont go green after FCY

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by iDTDoug, Mar 13, 2017.

1. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Almost done with Toronto 2016 (new left side pits). Not sure if its because the s/f line never intersects pit lane or some other issue, but the game never recognizes when the pace car enters the pits. So after a yellow is about to end, pace car enters and goes back to its special spot, but the cars keep going slow and the game keep saying "please allow pit car to ..." and the game never goes back to green. Any ideas?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Sometimes if the field is too spread out it won't start.

3. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

You'll have to fix the S/F line or it'll miss counting the pitstops and drivers will just go a lap down.

SS

4. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

The s/f line works fine. Laps count fine. Some tracks dont have their pit lane intersecting the start finish line. Denver was one, but that was in rf1. The field was very compact, all slowed waiting for the green, i saw the flagman wave the green, then back to yellow. Maybe they were just not in formation. I'll do more testing.

5. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Is your XFinish - poly spread over pitlane too? (if the track's pitlane entry and exit points are each side of s/f line)

6. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

no, the start finish line is way past pit lane. It does not intersect.

7. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Just thinking that maybe you could try to put the pacecar finish position past the S/F line to see if that solves it?

SS

8. Coutie

That shouldn't matter, Taladega has it's start finish line past the pits and it works fine.

9. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Doug : how many polys do your sectors have ?
    On your rF1 Cleveland 95, they had 2 polys instead of the usual 1, and it created all sorts of problems with the IA.

10. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Pretty sure its the tight track. with 12 cars, no issues. with 30 cars, nobody moves out of the way so they crawl around at 13mph under yellow. All my sectors have always been a single plane, 2 polys, no issues. I'll try deleting half of it but I doubt it will help. I'll try moving the pace car to past the finish.

11. Coutie

Do you have stock car rules plugin enabled?

12. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I dont see any plugins at all. I tested it with the pace car on pit lane instead of in the garage path, still no go. rf2 assumes that during a yellow, the pace car wont leave the pits to lead the field until after they cross the S/F line. So the cars get there, the PC is still in the pits, then the cars all stop/slow to a crawl until the pace car catches up. So next i'll try setting the aux PC pit location to way past the S/F line.

13. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

well, that didnt work either. the pace car tries to b-line it for pit lane no matter where it is.

14. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I confirmed that the stock car plugin is disabled. I also tried adding a poly in front of the pace car outside the pits as both the xfinish or xpitout and neither worked, the PC still tried to cut for pit lane or the s/f. So next I put the pace car right next to the s/f finish line. Then when a FCY happened, it drove onto the straight, then stopped, turned around, and tried to go back to its spot but drove off-track (and into oblivion since the track mesh ends). So i'm still not sure what behavior the pit-lane PC should be doing, but if I leave it in pit lane, the cars pass it way too soon and crunch up until it gets to them. There doesnt seem to be an AI fix for this situation where the pits are way behind the start/finish line.

15. Coutie

Well, Talladega has that situation, and it works. Did you re-make the aiw file? With the paths branching off to the new pit lane?

16. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

yes, the AIW is completely redone. the cars race fine, its only the pace car picking up the field that doesnt work. How does Talladega have this situation??? Talladega is an oval and the S/F line totally intersects pit lane. Not even close to this situation????

17. Coutie

No it doesn't, it's way past the end of it.

18. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I stand corrected, you are correct, but the end of pit lane is a lot closer to the S/F than Toronto. SO the Pace car doesn't have that much lag time between the end of pit lane and picking up the field.

19. Coutie

Ok, I now think I know what you mean. There's a new GDB line, safetycarthreshold or something, open up a new oval and check for it. It pretty much tells the game to only let the pace car out if the leader is before(I think) that percent of the lap, I think it's 0.0-1.0. If you set it low, it might leave early.

20. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered