Track Viewer and Un-encrypted Coreshaders.mas

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Alex Sawczuk, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Any chance of seeing these in the near future?

Well I've been told the Track Viewer should be coming soon, but being able to edit the shaders is the main issue. At present the mas file does not recognise the coreshaders.mas file.

2. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

The viewer will be coming soon, yes. As for the other--don't have an answer for you on that one currently...

3. elwood

elwood Registered

Phew, a was lurking this section and finally i've found that someone else, asked for the Track Viewer.
    (relief) :D

4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Don't worry, I'm right there with you, awaiting the viewer :D

Actually, I was surprised to find out that it wasn't included with the release of the beta. I would've thought that it was an essential tool for ISI that would have been 'finished' early in the development cycle for rF2.

To ISI: can you share what needs to be done for it to be released? Are there features that ISI uses that needs to be turned off for modders, or features that need to be added for modders? Obviously, just like the beta itself, it will be ready when it's ready; but do you have an ETA? Days? Weeks? Months? I'm not trying to be impatient or anything--it would just be nice to know whether I should continue trying to get my track to work in DevMode, or if I can wait a few days and work on it in the viewer. Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated!

5. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

No, no--we had a couple bad bugs with it at the last minute. Couldn't get them fixed in time so we had to hold off. It will be in the next update, I believe, but I'm not sure exactly when that will be.

6. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Thanks for the info, Scott!

Is the viewer dependent on other files, or is it a self-contained .exe like last time? Again, I don't want to seem greedy or impertinent, I'm merely being inquisitive; but if it's the latter, why not just release it by itself?

7. marcatore

marcatore Registered

Scott, a simple question.

In the rF1 viewer I remember (if I'm not in trouble) that there were some visual differences from watch I'm seeing into the viewer and what I'll see into the game.
    I hope this viewer will be always aligned with the game build.
    It's a very handy tool for the modders.

Thanks in advance.

8. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

In max you can create DX9-type materials. changing the shader file can see the final results in the max viewport (if I'm wrong correct me)
    Why the Gmotormaterials can not see the effects? as transparency, Blend textures etc.

With the shaders available in FX format, you could create some kind of DX9 to preview the effect on max. I think..