Track Temps Influence (and other missing features)

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Nieubermesch, May 16, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I was just reading a post from 2018 that related to the absence of Track temperatures effects on lap times. The pressing thing was that supposedly S397 was looking into it and would develop it in the future... 3 years later and what do we have? Nothing on that man!! I mean, then some people will come and defend the studio for things like this, broken promises and basically just saying things to calm down people and make them hopeful. There are a lot of things like this, such as aqua planning and all.

Guys, now that you have the resources available (hopefully!) get your asses to work on those features and deliver something substancial.

It needs to happen. Such a great physics foundantion that RF2 have deserves to have this features developed. I mean, dont you already need to have some effect of track temps? I would guess you just need to make that temperature being variable and make the code work around that. I don't think it can be that difficult if thermodynamic model for the tires influence of the track are already in place.

I think implantations like this will make you be seen in the sim racing world, around youtube, more than releasing cars and tracks, because many youtubers and such will really come back to a forgotten sim again not because of newer content only, but because of new updates, new builds with substancial changes, mostly to physics department!

EricW likes this.