Track Modding team texture standards

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Woodee, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures are for example (Imola 1988 by @carrera.4)

For example this Imola version was based on the years 1985 to 1994. Plenty of F1 years and liveries in those years. @carrera.4 did a great job to have each garage set for the correct teams released with this track (amongst the rest of the track pack). Now what is bound to happen is that F1 seasons may be released without track packs so I have a few questions.

Regarding the top picture, I know there are many preset object names to do with the garages. e.g. "PDoorXX" which appears and disappears dependent if a garage/pitbox is filled by a team. Because 1988 teams stay static they have preset pitboxes.

Finally here is the questions ;)
    Is there a way to make a track and name either the textures or objects appropriately so that without appropriate cars they will have default blank/generic textures for inside the garage, garage personnel (maybe pit crew) and possible animated characters sitting on pitwall with pit stand. (example below)
    [​IMG]
    Then when someone makes an appropriate F1 mod which fits in with this track, they could include textures for inside the garage, garage personnel (maybe pit crew) and possible animated characters sitting on pitwall with pit stand (all with right sponsors).

What is possible right now?

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

It might work with a WC material name. (Wild Card material).
    But i think you'll soon get in conflict with already in use WC materials by cars.

IMO: Anything pitcrew/team related belongs to the cars.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

This is what I was thinking.... so didn't know if the track had to be setup with the correct objects/textures first... then a car mod could include the extra wildcard materials to fill these in on appropriate tracks.

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Yes, but it might also not work properly...
    I don't know if the sim can assosiate the cars WCpitcrew texture to the correct pitcrew that the pitwall...

5. toebee

toebee Registered

I am pretty sure the stock car guys have been doing what you are wanting for years now. They have tracks with big rigs and pit crews that appear with default textures unless a car mod takes advantage of it. As far as all of the working details it's been years since I looked at that stuff. If that's what you are indeed looking for check out some of Machine's tracks.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes.... I saw this working on a version of laguna seca. I think it is because of the reserved names used for objects on the tracks which included the transporter, pit wall and other such items. Cars just needed to be added to the right pitbox :D