Track Layout Contest 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by feels3, Nov 30, 2012.

1. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I love the idea! :) Sun reflected beautifully from the water surface, maybe some birds flying over the lake and small boats near the shoreline etc... possibilities are endless. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  2. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Hmm maybe I should try driving little slower at Monaco... ;)

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Well when Feels3 said he would pick the "most interesting" I believe he may have meant what he said because this certainly is interesting. Superb work, Kei Kei, both on your design and your gracious sportsmanship. Very much pleased to be able to look forward to seeing you and Feels progress and communications on this in the future as you are both class acts.

So congratulations and have fun with the project! Oh yeah, and be sure to somehow "film" some virtual "behind the scenes" footage to go along with the run-up teasers and/or the big reveal, etc. as that would be awesome and you could include a montage with the various shifting layouts as you change things during testing, etc., etc., etc. You could really do it up and have some fun. I think Fonismo is available and Tim could negotiate with sponsors. Sorry getting carried away but seriously some kind of hype and insight into the process of how you guys worked together would be very interesting I believe, especially since this as never been done before and you could also begin all the way back with initial announcement of the contest and maybe even back to when you first had the idea and had to think through the rules and anticipate how people would react to contest, etc, etc. Oops. There I go again. Just imagine how bad it's be if I won LOL (of course I'd have to pay someone to hype it up for me, etc. LOL).

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@Kknorpp

I think we just open a WIP thread and we will show there progress of the track :)

@Keikei

That's a question for you. If you wan't we can discuss via email or here on forum.
    If you prefer second option - feel free to open new WIP thread in Locations sub-forum.
    We can start from this - finding some good idea for enviroment.
    Any suggestion from you are welcome :)

5. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I think so too. Would be nice to have videos of the progression etc. but I believe we both have limited time available so we should spend that time wisely and focus on what's important at the end. Who knows maybe I'll write some story afterwards about how things went during the process but no guarantees given. :) If I do that it's not going to be for entertainment but to introduce some usable working methods of track creation we hopefully invent during the process.

Thanks! I'll try to think some theme suggestions for environment. I believe via email is the way but I'll think about the possibility of open discussion too for a few days. I'm very busy at the moment and will send email maybe on Sunday or Monday.

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Weldone KeiKei.
    The uphill bits remind me of Road America.

7. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Take your time. There is no need to rush.

8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Congrats, KeiKei! Track layout looks very promising. I'm sure feels will make it perfect. :)

9. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

Maybe if feels3 starts a new WIP thread in the track section we could use this thread to post the rest of the 2012 entries instead.

I think a fantasy suggestions site sounds to cumbersome to make imo, unless somebody is working on just that at this moment! I don't wish to intrude on this thread without permission.

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

11. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Awsome progress! Can't wait for this!