SOLVED Track IR plugin 64 bit I can't belive this. How long we have to wait until some....

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by alpha-bravo, Jul 24, 2014.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I know this bug is known and because of this I do not understand why it still does not work and in the first post of Tim I can't read anything about the Track IR plugin.
    The TrackIR_64 plugin is since the first 64bit version not functional! Please list it in your bug fix list and give us please some feedback about how long we have to wait for a working plugin ! !

I think since the x64 version of rF2 is now the default version (decided by ISI) we can expect that the one and only x64 plugin delivered by ISI does work ?
    Or not ?

Sorry this is really annoying especially because the forum search function deliver much but rarely what I search because of this excuse if I overlooked something about TrackIR but I'm
    pretty sure there was nothing.:mad:

alex

Edit: For me it's solved. I put a copy of the TrackIRx64 dll from unstable build 841 to the plugin folder of 798.
    edit: with stable build860 it is now fixed without the need of copy the dll from an other build.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  2. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

I can not agree more.
    I guess Track IR users are a minority, but not so small as to be put on the back burner for so long.

3. Rik

Rik Registered

I agree with alpha-bravo. I also need the TrackIR. I only have one monitor. with only one monitor and view from the cockpit is difficult to set curves without TrackIR.
    I understand that this is just a transitional phase. recently we switched to 64 bits. I understand the tremendous work for this step. I am sure that soon it will come back to work.

4. whitmore

whitmore Registered

What confuses me is the 64bit dll that is included in the new build. Surely this means there has been some use of it at dev stage.

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Sure we are a minority but that is not a explanation for:
    - Give us no feedback about if and when we can expect the plugin.
    - made the official move to x64 (which I appreciate) rFactor2 without this plugin which is stock content from rF2.

Of course we have fortunately the working x86 plugin but then also with all the memory and performance disadvantages,of 32 bit.

AND

Something like "sorry guys we have it forgotten" or "first priority is fix the major bugs like the launcher and then we..." would be ok but nothing is not OK.

6. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Yes I saw it there and felt quite happy thinking it would all work fine. I hope this gets fixed soon.

7. Robert Patrick Frazier

Robert Patrick Frazier Registered

yes I agree this needs to be fixed. Have not heard an eta either.

8. JABowders

JABowders Registered

Ditto...

I have the TrackIR and the SLI-Pro x64 dlls but no joy, running in 32bit to keep them operational.

9. Paddler

Paddler Registered

+1

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Please ISI, track IR is no passing fancy. Really it's not. I mean, even modders manage to keep up with their .dll's

11. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

I don't see how the change to 64 bit would cause trouble,
    as TrackIR has been compatible with both 64 bit OS and games for several years.
    It must be the .dll.

12. joker68

joker68 Registered

+2

13. AndD

AndD Registered

+me

just posting to show my support in getting TrackIR working with 64bit version of rF2.

Cheers

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I dont understand why do we have this bugs section when ISI doesn't even bother to came here and say at least one word!:rolleyes:

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you don't understand a lot. At least this question you could find some answers to if you put some effort into it.

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

[​IMG]

17. t_blkance

t_blkance Registered

Just want to show my support to get TrackIR working in rFactor 2 64bit.

Tom

18. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Most plugin creators updated their dlls as soon 64 bit was released. ISI only has two dlls and they failed updating one.

I assume that a new dll would fix this without requiring a new build. It might be a stupid bug that might take 5 minutes to solve. We don't know since we get no feedback about bug reports. Is it being addressed soon? We dont know. What kind of tests did the one who programmed this dll do? Maybe he didn't have a trackir with him? Nobody got it working except for him?
    Good job once again ISI

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

"You don't understand a lot"! However Could ISI at least come here and say " we are working to resolve this issues "? We don't ask a lot.