Track feels like ice I keep slipping off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jacques, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Jacques

Jacques Registered

hi I am new to this forum so go easy on me :)
    I downloaded rfactor2 today and I use a g27 when ever I start racing the wheel shakes violently and I struggle to control the car and at very low speed e.g. 30 Kmh I slip off the track and before I know it I'm in a grandstand lol the braking seems very weak to me. Can someone share there g27 settings with me and tell me the best setting to avoid the track feeling like an ice Rink hope someone can help thanks :)

2. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

What mod & track are you using?

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Are you detecting your wheel before racing?

4. Jacques

Jacques Registered

I am using Silverstone 2012 and the new mclaren 650s

5. Jacques

Jacques Registered

Yes it comes up as Logitech g27

6. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

This happens every first time you go on track? Try to press thoroughly all the pedals and do a full rotation with the wheel before go on track.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

OK. Those default settings should be fine as a starting point. The weird behaviour you describe is not because of them. Something must be wrong somewhere and you need to figure it out...
    How is you Logitech Profiler configuration?
    Do you plug the wheel before launching rF2? You should never unplug it while in game.
    Have you tried other USB hub?
    Have you tried other mods?

8. Jacques

Jacques Registered

I have never unplugged during the game and I always plug it in before entering r factor 2 I plug the steering straight into the back of the pc. The only mods I have installed are Silverstone 2012 and the mclaren is you call that a mod. As far as the Logitech profiler goes I have it on in the back ground during the game but I am not sure at all what really to set the settings to I have a rotation of 900 degrees and a not that high force feed back level I have tried seaching online of how to set up a g27 with rfactor2 but no joy can you help :)

9. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

[​IMG]

These are the standard settings for the Logitech Profiler (i have Centering Spring Effect to 0% and Overall Effects Strenght to 105%).

In game set the automatic steering range, ffb mult to default 1, and FFB minumun torque from 0 to 2 (your choice), let me know how does it feels.

A video of the issue would be very useful! :)

Emery and SPASKIS like this.
  10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

maybe your track setup is not on green.?

Guimengo likes this.
  11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Even on a green track you should be able to drive at 30 kph. It certainly looks like a controller issue.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

While you are in the garage go to settings/controls and in the lowermost part of the screen you will find graphs for steering - throttle - brake - clutch. Can you check that as you provide a higher input at each one the graph correctly indicates what you are doing?
    Turn all aids off except for autoclutch (just in case) next time you try.

13. Depco

Depco Registered

What are your computer's Specs? You may be falling out of real time. The CPU used to run rF2 can have a large effect on how the game appears to handle. I had a good friend who was using a very old CPU to run rF2. He was having similar issues. Just a guess though based on what you said in your original post.

On the G27 note. If you simply load into the game and then dont touch the steering wheel does it shake on its own? When you say "Shakes violently" do you mean upon braking or it is always shaking?