Track brake signs, sectors and movement objects in 3DSimED and AIW rebuild paths?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by DA, Mar 21, 2014.

1. DA

DA Registered

Hello guys! I have a once converted in rF2 track Brands Hatch Indy version. I love this track, so I decided to make a full version of the track.

Plans to upgrade the texture a bit, move the sector and to place at the right distance from the plate before turning the meter. In this connection, I have a few questions.

3DSimEd

1) How to put an equal distance from the table before turning the meter? (150m, 100m, 50m)
    2) How to move objects on the track and change their degree axes XYZ? Maybe there is a special combination of buttons?
    3) Is it possible to change the position in the program tracks objects with the mouse?

AIW Editor

1) How to move the car on the coordinates 0 0 0?
    2) Can I not touching pits box layout, stays in the pit lane, starting positions, to build a new main path? Or do I need to work on the re-creation of the work on the creation of AIW paths?
    3) Can I manually change the position of the AIW points?

If you answer me with screenshots, it's will be very nice.

Cheers,
    Denis.

2. negb

negb Registered

If you want to use objects from another track, then you will need to isolate the object you want to use, then you will have to center the object. copy all faces, go to your track and paste, then name the object appropriatly. Then use x,,y,z and yaw, pitch, etc.... to position the object where you want. Export gmt and textures and copy new entry from output.scn and paste into the trackname.scn file. Then you can launch rfactr 2 dev mode and look at the track to see if the object is correct.

3. DA

DA Registered

@negb: Thank you very much! You answer help me understand some logic in 3DSimEd! :)