Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. atomed

atomed Member

I'll try to ease t1 and will work more on the rolling start, this track deserves it :cool:

Corgan likes this.
  2. Corgan

Corgan Registered

:)

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Cleveland was the site of a rather memorable radio exchange from Robbie Gordon. After Michael Andretti came back to CART from F1, he somehow found his front wing end plate would withstand a little kiss to any rear tire in front of him. Soon he began touching cars in front and shortly there-after, the touched car would have to pit due to a flat rear tire. Jimmy Vasser(at least twice in the season), & Al Unser Jr. were just a couple of his victims. But at Cleveland, he chose to slice the rear tire of Robbie Gordon. Live cockpit radio was a fairly new thing and ABC or ESPN (whomever had the broadcast) often let radio calls flow live. Robbie's tire started to deflate, he KNEW Andretti had been behind him so he exploded to his pit crew: "Gawd Damnit, I'm getting sick of Michael." US viewers rarely heard discouraging language back then on TV. It was an ear-opener.
    Here is a link to the incident. Check out the huge powerslide from DeFerrarn (Yellow car) as the race restarted. The tire rub occurred at T1 during the next lap when Robbie tried to dive under both Andretti & DeFerran. By itself it seems rather innocuous. But by that point in the season, Andretti's knife was becoming well known among drivers.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    Corgan likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Speaking of Rolling Starts and Mid Ohio...(we weren't???)
    All series have used the backstraight as the starting location now for decades. They still score the race at the traditional S/F line, but for the first third of a lap, the field proceeds under Yellow until the Starter releases them. Any chance that could be added to rF2?

5. atomed

atomed Member

I tried it but failed miserably :oops:

davehenrie likes this.
  6. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I tried to install this, but it looks like it's for version 2.00. Can it be made to work with the current version, 2.02?

7. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Great work here. Could someone perhaps take a look at the AIW for MountainPeakSW 2014 or Charlotte Motor Speedway (available in the workshop), in particular the roval layout. Cars keep crashing in turn 1. A shame, because it is a nice track, quite similar to Daytona. Great for Endurance racing. Thanks a lot!

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

9. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Fantastic! If only the LMP2 car would not spin out in the high bank corners, perhaps the default setups do not work in ovals. I have the same problem in Eau Rouge on Spa.

10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Could you show me exactly where they spin out?

11. atomed

atomed Member

That´s odd, 2.02 is the version I used, Anyway I repacked the rfcmp, check now if it works.

12. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Actually it is not the AI, it is me who's spinning with the LMP2s on high speed/banked corners, while the AI can go through them normally... I suspect it has to do something with the height of the cars.

13. atomed

atomed Member

Try adjusting the height, it hapenned to me once and learned the hard way that AI and humans don´t have the same limits :p

14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Mountain Peak is very rough so it could be, that the underbody of the LMP2 touches the ground.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Try swapping to the Ligier. The Oreca has a tendency to drag it's bottom at high speeds. (easily curable with stiffer springs and few more clicks on the ride ht) But try the Leeg and see if you spin as much, that would pretty much confirm bottom scraping with the Oreca.

atomed likes this.
  16. atomed

atomed Member

Rouen de Lessarts v0.97 old layout AIW, I hope it works decently with historics.
    Edit: Once again, thanks @redapg (I´ll have to make this part of my signature :p)
    @Flatspotter file in Mega is Rouen_Lessarts_097_old_layout_AIW.rfcmp

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    bears, Corti, Mauro and 1 other person like this.
  17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@atomed

Good evening buddy.
    Any chance for a working AIW for Monza? :D

18. atomed

atomed Member

Sure, but then no online with the patch :rolleyes:

memoNo1 likes this.
  19. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

If I try to install in ModMgr, Mid Ohio doesn't show an available update. If I try to install within the game on the Packages page, I get the error shown in the attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Im just a Single Player

atomed and Schumi like this.