Totally fedup and out of patience send me a postcard when its ready!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DwarfCarDriver71, Oct 19, 2012.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

I install all my sims onto my sim drive... never install anything onto C: drive... it`s only for my OS (W7 64bit)

I`ve never had any problems with any sim or game. I`m not saying that`s the way or others are wrong for installing stuff to C: just saying...

:)

2. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Are you getting this crash even after multiple tries and multiple fresh installs?

Are you sure it's rFactor that's causing this? Did previous versions work flawlessly?

I'm starting to think there's something else going on here...

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'd bet there is something else going on here. He probably could use a disc defragment or a system restore, etc. I'm not trying to make accusations but for all we know his system is a mess.

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Sorry you couldn't get it worked out man, luck to you in the race.

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I have suspected all along that it has been a system issue, but trying to convince someone when everything else is working good is tough. Besides, we aren't there to troubleshoot properly so it is possible that we are wrong.

6. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Have you tried setting all the .exe to 'run as administrator'. Also , did you check or uncheck the 'install dx9' when you installed?

DX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

There is in sysinfo.txt in the support folder or at the bottom of the 'config sim' window . Does yours match?

#quote from another forum on a different game
    'w7 installation is missing some dx9 libraries needed by a lot of games, even when running dx 11'

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Full system specs and full list of installed apps might provide additional clues what might cause confilcts + that dx9 thing.

I have rfactor 2 core at K:\rfactor2 and rfactor 2 data at I:\rfactor2data now K: and I: are physically separate drives, I: being 80GB very fast drive for swap and tmp files + rfactor2data only, as I have two separate hdd controllers running two separate discs, you can imagine performance boost when data can be moved twice the rate of single drive and there is less lost to seek times as both drives can do seek simultaneously meaning there being only single wait for seek where with single drive there would be two seeks required. Of course that is best case scenario.

But when core and data are both required to be read I get lot smoother loading.

It is bit like raid without raid, but not quite such as lacking optimizations of raid0, of course same way fatal in case of disc failure like raid0 which is very risky but gives nice performance boost.

Would love to have SSD for OS and then one sata3 drive for user profiles, that might give quite nice boost of performance too, as using XP I would then have the ultimate performance, but can't afford such at the moment :(

Anyway, surely data and core can be at different places, actually what they should not be is in same folder, so having them different folders is must, but original locations should do fine.

8. romoni

romoni Registered

David

My advise would be in this case -> reinstall Yours OS (Win7) and start everything from a "clean table".

With flight simulator (FSX) this is very regular operation to me if something has gone wrong. Yes - it's a hard job but usally the best way...

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Before that, I would recommend testing Revo uninstaller, that back traces all the changes done into registry and removes those that normal uninstall might miss, so if issue is requiring OS reinstall to be fixed, it is most likely to be something left over into registry and that uninstaller could take care of removing those entries without full OS reinstall.

10. DwarfCarDriver71

DwarfCarDriver71 Registered

Ok used REVO reinstalled my OS installed rfactor2 as recomended installed 1960,s ok, went to install Meganes got the usual message rfactor 2 stopped working.last night I bought Medal of Honor Warfighter (just released) installed and works perfectly. The only other thing I can think of is if I could get hold of 107 install that and see what happens apart from that i have tried everything suggested and it just isnt working at this point its not worth wasting anymore time.
    David.

11. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Did you install Megane + update or just Megane when issue came up? From ingame menu if you uninstall Megane does 60's cars work ok?

If that works, then same way other mods could be installed and tested, maybe in your setup, AV or something else does not like something that is in Megane package, quite bit of mystery.

You can also start game with logging enabled, from launcher go advanced tab and add trace=4 to empty box and save, after that there should be log (trace.txt) in rf2data\userdata\log, which might reveal something or might not reveal anything as such error is not exactly what would be in log, but there might be something else in log, that might help to get into core of issue.

Sounds to me that there is something in your machine that makes conflict, but it is very difficult to know what it is, reason why only rf2 would be affected could be that only certain situation triggers the issue, finding out what makes such thing happen is something quite annoying and time consuming as one by one things would need to be eliminated.

There is chance that gold version does work, but as this is only one of this kind of issue I'm aware of, I'm afraid that there is something else behind the issue that might affect even gold version too.

But also it is often good to take some time off when installing starts to be more of burden than anything else, I sometimes take month off from modding and head is filled with solutions after that. Hopefully reason for issues can be pinpointed at some time, or if gold works without issues, all the better.

12. DwarfCarDriver71

I really have tried everything .
    I have installed on my Computer
    iRacing/rfactor1/Grand Prix legends/GTR/GTR2/Train Simulator 2013/ Microsoft Train Simulator/Medal of Honor Warfighter/Call of Duty 2/Call of Duty World at War/Brothers in Arms Hells Highway/Call of Duty Black OPS/Call of Duty MW3/and Finally Richard Burns Rally + loads of mods for said games.
    All run and have installed fine.
    Many thanks to all of you who have tried to help, I think it might be rFactor2 thats the problem so I,ll wait for the day the sun shines and it goes Gold.
    David.

13. DwarfCarDriver71

UPDATE 125 cured all

Deleted everything Downloaded 125 and everything works fine???
    DCJr

14. tjc

tjc Registered

At last!

:cool:

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Glad to hear that. I hope you'll have some real fun with it now, to compensate for your patience :)

16. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

17. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Congrats! Another man beat the machine :D

Have fun races :)

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned