Totally fedup and out of patience send me a postcard when its ready!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DwarfCarDriver71, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well.....it's a long shot, but maybe try this: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ds-already-there?p=90066&viewfull=1#post90066
    In combination with this: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ds-already-there?p=90133&viewfull=1#post90133

In the first link, you can see what I'm talking about in the second link.
    Your problem is not exactly the same, but that folder (you don't find it going in there yourself, use the "search") makes a lot of problems installing the mods!! Had it several times now and my mods/cars/track and whatever were not "okay" or verified too.

This really takes care of business for me, every time so please try that because I don't have a stamp in here ;)

Edit; to be sure; I'm talking about the first "rFactor" find, under all the "AppCrashrFactor" finds.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

[​IMG]

Sorry I couldn't help myself. :p

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

You didn't highlight Macinac in your graphic....

4. DwarfCarDriver71

DwarfCarDriver71 Registered

No, as I,ve said earlier I,ve been simming for 17 years but cant fathom this one out
    David

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you're gonna be happy with my hint....why don't you try it?

6. DwarfCarDriver71

I am busy reading it and trying to understand I have no rfactor2 on my computer at the moment. When I understand this I will try again.
    David.

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay, I was busy then with al this and it sounded very good at the time ;)
    But I understand when you get in cold; it's a bit of a read......

It's actually good you have no rF at the moment; now use the "search" function for rFactor2 (as show in the first screenshot) and look for the rFactor folder in the screenshot; the first one in the list under all the "AppCrash" things it gave.

Delete that one (really delete!) and go on installing the game as usual.

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Why not just install everything from the in game menus? Messing about with Mod manager is asking for problems. It's fairly easy with the individual install process of everything within the beta to screw up somewhere along the lines, however when people suggest this you seem to take it as an insult on your intelligence.

Like has been said install everything IN GAME that's the easiest method, it will also insure you have the updates installed which would explain your crashes.

9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Note the red selected. Is this the true path of your install? I've looked through all other post and no one has look at that.
    Win7 OS
    The true path should read C:/Program Files/rFactor2. This is were the Core rF2 files are.
    The second install path is C:/User/YourName/My Document/rFactor2. This is the area were you'll find the package, Installed, Manifests, eg, eg.

If your install isn't installed as shown above I understand why your having the issues your getting.

I agree the installer should install it correctly to these locations but it's been my experience, It doesn't. I had to manually move the files around to their correct locations. Once their in the right place any updates will or have for me install correctly from now on.

Prier to moving the install file I was getting some odd things going on and was wondering why. It was stated in the install notes the location on the files and I saw mine weren't in the right places.

10. jtbo

jtbo Registered

When I did update 107 to 118, I got X:/path and thing did not work, I installed to new location and also chose different drive to data from new location also and now I got X:\path, something just went wrong and no matter how many times I chose correct path it did not get correctly into rf2, but with new fresh install no problem.

Then copied packages to my data folder into packages, launched rf2 and from series ingame menu just clicked install for every mod, then update for those that had update button lit and everything was done.

Yeah, with mod manager it is like hitting your nose with a brick, sure looks techy and all, but does not provide results, I don't really know why I would use mod manager, I can update, install or remove mods from ingame menu, with single click without any issues, can't even figure out what benefit mod manager would do and why it even is there, I'm sure it has some purpose other than being just alternative way to install mods.

With rF1 installing was very simple, but by installing mods to rF2 by ingame menus I think there is close to as easy and trouble free solution, via mod manger pain in the arse.

I think that instructions and general way of installing mods should move towards installing mods ingame as it would save so much tears, but that is just my opinion.

Disabling antivirus for installation is then also one point not to be taken lightly, it is not one or two cases where AV has caused weird things, it is quite common actually, won't harm to keep it disabled for 10minutes or so.

This way doing it at least there will be very limited possibilities for errors, but if there still is problems, I would start to suspect that there could be some hardware or conflicting software that gives trouble, maybe full specs and list of installed software might be things to start look at that point.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

It is not uncommon for people to install games in folders other than the default as you have described. I myself have rF2 installed in C:\Games\rFactor2 and everything works fine. Please, if you are going to give advice, make sure you are accurate in what you are saying. :)

12. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yup I kinda accidentally installed the latest version all in My Documents...works a charm.

13. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

14. DwarfCarDriver71

Well I checked every nook and cranny and not a single rFactor 2 file anywhere Installed and let the installer place the files where it wants.
    WIN 7
    Program Files (x86)
    rFactor2 the actual files in this are Core and Plugins plus 11 others that are not actual files

The second is Documents/rFactor 2
    It contains 7 Files including packages
    Is this correct if so I am going to install the downloaded files from this site again and place them in the packages folder

David.

15. jtbo

jtbo Registered

It should work that way too, now make sure that you put files into Documents\rFactor2, not Program Files and then you should be able to install everything from ingame menus, without any hazzle.

16. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Correct. Mine is C:\rFactor2 and it's worked fine since build 49. It also seems to have the side effect of not placing some files in the Documents library (Win 7 here) which is nice. I hate how games are starting to store files all over the place now.

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I hear ya hushpuppy, I ended up with the same situation, all my files are in my rfactor2 folder, none in My Documents :)

18. DwarfCarDriver71

Well I,m calling it a day until its released fully GOLD
    I have done everything today I have folowed all suggestions and .
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: rFactor2.exe
    Application Version: 1.1.1.8
    Application Timestamp: 50804324
    Fault Module Name: rFactor2.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.1.1.8
    Fault Module Timestamp: 50804324
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00395897
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    so thanks for all the help
    David.

19. DwarfCarDriver71

Going to go and practise for my GPL League race, 1969 GP Cars at Mosport
    then later tonight might try and improve my A rating in iRacing.
    LOL
    David

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

A GPL man is always and foremost, a GPL man.
    Cheers :)