Totally fedup and out of patience send me a postcard when its ready!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DwarfCarDriver71, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

With downloading everything again fresh and still having issues, it would appear to be a system issue unless you are just having internet issues that cause corruption in your downloads.

During the download process, does it seem to hang at all or does the download go smoothly? Does it take a long time to get the downloads? I know it is a pita, but you might try and clear all your temp files off your system and make sure that where ever you are downloading to is an empty folder. Create a new folder in the root of the drive and call it rfdownloads or something. Pay attention to how the download goes to see if there is a possibility that things are getting hung up.

If you use a router, and it has the light to show collisions, see if you are getting a lot of collisions on your router. Not all routers have this light btw.

I would also suggest downloading 1 item at a time to be sure that there is no conflict on the files. I know it sounds silly, but it doesn't hurt to eliminate potential issues.

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I don't bother with mod manager, it has done odd things for me, so I just put those mods to packages folder, launch rF2, click series and install from there, works like a charm.

3. DwarfCarDriver71

DwarfCarDriver71 Registered

Done all that,
    It now shows all mods installed except 1960 and Brianza and they cant be verified. When I go into rFactor 2 to run it the only one that shows up and that works is Renault 3.5 and Mills nothing else shows up???.
    Need to leave it alone for a while.
    Has anybody ever mentioned the fact that the first rFactor2 Video (Monaco) looked brilliant ? well what we have is not, in fact I believe that video could be classed as false advertising plain and simple where did they get that video from because that was surely nothing short of advertising a product that did not exist ???.
    David

4. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I half agree...but the product as such does not exist, but if it still looks like it does now when it goes gold...

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

whenever you uninstall rF2, double check all of it has been removed. If you do happen to find an rF2 file after uninstalling, manually delete the file. That can screw things too. I must admit that rF/rF2 is not for the plug in play crowd at times. Anyways, good luck.

6. DwarfCarDriver71

Ok, downloaded all the files from 3 different locations, ran them all and let them overwrite each other. Still nothing, deleted rfactor2 again, reinstalled and guess what? it all worked. Stop! this is not a happy ending, went back to try it again, and it says rfactor 2 has stopped working! no kidding!
    David

Seriously folks, I have worked with BETA games and mods, and this is pre BETA!. A long time ago, I decided not to kiss butt just to be a part of the incrowd, and I'm not kissing this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

As I am a complete noob about PCs and I did many installations of RF2 in both ways, fresh install or updating, with no problem yet after so many months, I do believe what DurgeDriven said is true. The problem must be at your side.
    I have W7 64bit and I install everything (both Core and Data) at D/Program Files(x86) and all is fine.

8. liebestod

liebestod Registered

You've been doing something wrong. I guarantee it.

This is not a real slight towards you, honestly. I think you should do exactly what you say in your OP -- I think you should wait for the beta to be over and then retry when the game is officially released.

9. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Fact: If so many people are not having probs, and you are - it is something wrong at your end. Simple.

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Not a fact. There are cases where a bug can exist but only present itself under very specific cases or very specific hardware configurations.

To the OP, I know this is getting to be a pita, but unless you work out what exactly is going on, even when gold hits you may still have the same issue.

Let's start from the beginning and see where it leads.

What Windows are you running?

Where did you install the game?

Where did you put the mods?

How did you launch the mod manager?

Have you tried to install other games recently or is this the only one?

11. DwarfCarDriver71

I race in a Grand Prix Legends League (downloaded a new Mod and tracks), and iRacing
    I still run RFactor and several first person shooter games, as I said previously I have been simming since 1995 thats what is so frustrating about this thing.
    Thanks for all your help

David.

12. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

EDIT: It is more likely it is at your end. No amount of coding can correct for overheating/overclocking/ cooling issues, malware, bad driver installs, background applications, core OS/API file deletions/missing, file transfer corruptions and so on.

Since i never have ANY problems, it just makes me feel sorry for all the abuse coders have to put up with ;) My CPU is overclocked FIFTY percent, I have mismatched video cards in crossfire, overclocked 12%, on a 100% homemade system.

jus sayin. poor coders.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

If I ever had a issue like that I would.
    Restore my W7 image that has drivers and apps only - 3 minutes
    and then do a fresh install test it then at least eliminate the OS.

I can then go back to my sims image in another 3 minutes and try exact process again.

Install a Fresh full build 118
    Download all packages to a archive folder you do not need to put them in rFactor2
    personally I think it is better to have them archived Packages, Old Packages, etc.

You can run as many rF2 builds as you like, one for official, one developer, one for online league, one mods ..... etc

If you have a issue in another you have your online folder working when you want it.

ie: In Advanced you can switch rFactor2 data folder location.

14. Bazza

Bazza Registered

Post your dxdiag or email it to me wondercatATsupernerd.com.au

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

From what you posted, it shouldn't be an issue with UAC, however you didn't answer the question about trying to install other games recently. I understand you use other sims, but have you tried to install anything recently?

The reason that question is important is to see if the issue is just with rF2 or if it is system wide.

16. DwarfCarDriver71

This morning I installed Train Simulator 2013 it runs no problem

David

17. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Your missing something or it would work.

18. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Verry strange these issues, sorry your having such a go with no luck , rf2 has some querks for sure with the mods/installs. If one mod tries to install if might fail if another mod is not inplace already with its update ..I would go back and install the mods and update them as they were reelesed ..

1. 1960's World Class Racing :v1.0 Required updates v1.12

2.Renault Megane Trophy: v1.0 Required updates: v1.1

3. Formula Renault 3.5 v1.0 Required updates: v1.1, v1.2

4. GT World Endurance v1.0 Required updates: v1.1

5. Renault Clio Cup v1.0

6. ISI Formula Masters Road (2011) v1.0

7. FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B v1.0

(did i get the order right??lol)

This is just an idea , I've had issues where i get stuck and its telling me the mods not found or I cant install when the files are clearly in the pakages folder , going back and updating the earlyer files is what was needed I my case .. sometimes I dident see the (*) lol

Sounds like you know your way around the pc so hope you get it sorted, the new build, altho it still has its isseues is verry impressive so ther is a good reward for you if you do get it sorted !!

Good luck !!

19. SVO

SVO Registered

I had yet another instance last night where a member of our group bought the game and installed fresh with 118. He had problems getting it to go until he cut all files from the packages. He then put them all back in and he was able to install them and run them. I can't explain it, but it has worked on 3 different occasions to do this.

For six of us we had success racing last night. I did a complete reinstall. The member above did a fresh install. 3 more did updates via the updater. The last did an update via updater, which failed miserable with a core sound error. He then did a fresh install of 118 and we ran Clio's at Brianza and had a lot of fun.

Good luck with your issue. Very frustrating it can be!

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

There are also cases where Antivirus does some unorthodox things and disabling that during installation might give better results.

Another good practice is to install new location each time, so if there is something in registry it must be pointed to new place.

And again installing mods in game seem to work better for me than attempts of installing them via mod manager.

I had odd issues with latest update, might be my errors, but those were fixed as I did full install to new location. Then installed all mods in game without even opening mod manager, worked much better than my initial installations with mod manager which was not working at all.