Too much longitudinal grip while tyres are spinning?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by green serpent, May 6, 2017.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I've often felt that the rf2 tyre model has too much grip while the rear tyres are spinning. My thoughts are that this has a negative impact on over the limit car handling because the rear end of the car tends to 'push' the front end of the car, making the front tyres loose lateral grip. Also, instead of the rear tyres continuing to spin during a powerslide, the rear tyres tend to grip up and the engine bogs down making the car very hard to control.

This could all just be in my head, but supporting this idea is the fact that I cannot seem to do a 'brakey' (spinning the rear tyres while the foot is on the brake and car is stationary) in any car in rf2 . The rear tires have too much grip and push the front tyres along.

This is something that is easy to achieve in real life, and I can do it in my modestly powered (190hp) real life car without any trouble at all. It's not about 'seat of pants feel', yes it requires some skill, but it is objectively very easy to do in real life, especially in a car with lots of power.

I've included a video of what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that what the video shows is totally unrealistic (I'm sure I've seen it occur before), what I'm saying is that it should at least be possible to do a brakey if the rear tyres are close to having the correct amount of grip while spinning.

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I will test this but I did a burnout in the isi 2012 f1 the other day,I've always thought the opposite though,the rears feel fine but the front just doesn't have enough grip,too sensitive too slip,try doing a few laps then trying it again,we all know the fronts have little grip until warmed up

3. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Good idea, I'll give that a try.

Jake Loewenstein likes this.
  4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Quick test with the Corvette ZR1 with:

1. Almost completely worn out fully inflated rear tires with maximum camber.
    2. Perfect condition and warmed up front tires with 0° camber.

Car could ALMOST do a 'brakey' but not quite.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I know that the fronts don't look like they are moving in your video,but on the cars you are testing,can you adjust the max pedal force to its highest setting,see if that make a difference,if not then I would love to hear what the mods think of this

green serpent likes this.