Toban WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by vicent-sollana, Oct 14, 2012.

1. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Thanks tosh, that's fixed.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok vicent... I`ve managed to get the new version with all three layouts working now... I tried the suggestions to remove the older version(s) etc but nothing would let me uninstall the older version I had in there so I just uninstalled and then re-installed rf2 and then installed v0.78 and all is well now.

I really, really like your improvements to the track... very nice indeed. It looks like a different place altogether. Love the track texture(s) now, they look much better imo and the curbs too look good. I like the blue and white...

Everything is looking very good now imo, very well done and the track drives beautifully.

I noticed during a 90 minute practice session though that every time I passed the pits it looked like there was smoke coming from one of the garages. I clicked through all the AI to see if one was stuck in a garage or something but they were all fine and I couldn`t find a garage with smoke coming from it at all but could definitely see it from the track...

Anyway, nice work mate, your really starting to give this track some life now. :)

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

One of the marshals was smoking a J. LOL.

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

it´s good for imersion.

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Can't argue with that!

6. Raggnator

Raggnator Registered

Thanks Vicent.

1 person likes this.
  7. canastos

canastos Registered

You both are nuts :D:D:D

Thanks for the update, vicent

byyyyyyyyyye

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

So what are you guys doing, being able to notice a joint, taking a Sunday drive? The only time I remember ever driving that slow was ......... well forget the explanation.

9. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

Did you happen to have a passenger in the car?

The most important thing to a racer is his eyes. The best racers can use them to spot the correct entry and exit points of a corner. Or to notice something off track.

NSFW!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgANT0OjKBQ

for instance, this guy crashed his car cause of the flash he got.

Now with crowd animation, maybe we can get some things like this randomly placed around the track, to trick those alien drivers into crashing?

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I knew Vincent must have built some secret into this track! He was on fire having to wait for some insanely fast guys during a DriversOnly race this past weekend. You've been found out, Vicent! :p

11. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... I`ve seen that clip before. I think it would have the same effect on any red blooded male... it certainly would with me... :D

12. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

hahahahah you're crazy guys!

13. the-D-

the-D- Registered

I remember in rF1, Toads Kyalami track had an awsome billboard or 2 that made off track excursions less of a drag :cool:, Adelaide had some nice dancing girls too,racing cars and hot chicks go down a treat.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I got the new version working when I uninstalled the older one. But since then I have installed vmods that require the older version and I really like to use those vmods. I then installed both versions and the long toban was gone from the 0.78 :/. So if I want to play the new version offline I have to uninstall the older version each time (and the vmods using it). Or then somebody makes new vmods using 0.78, but then there is installing to do again :p Should not be this complicated in my opinion. Most of the tracks work fine with the older versions installed too.

15. canastos

canastos Registered

You don't need vmods to play offline: just select All cars and tracks, and you are done (slower loading, but done ;))
    So, of course, install only the last version of Toban

byyyyyyyyyye

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yeah but my point was that I want both to play 0.78 Toban long offline and keep 0.51 installed for online play (ISR vmods use 0.51 only) :D

17. canastos

canastos Registered

Ah, understood
    Anyway, it's strange, if you asked me, I would bet that ISR updated their vmod to the new version of Toban, as many servers are updated even before I had downloaded the track :p
    Maybe posting this question at their thread??

byyyyyyyyyye

PS: edit, forget it, I've just seen that you have already posted it :D

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

^ yeah but they may be running old version b/c it has long reverse layout and newest does not.

Incidentally, I also thought the older version of the GP layout had braking boards on the downhill before the tights eases but newest version doesn't? i could be wrong but i also wonder if possible that gp layout in the new version actually went back a version? if that makes any sense.

19. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Hi Vicent,

Thanks for your work on this track. I have some small feedback for you.
    I found smoothing issue on tents and issue with mapping, different scale of detail map depends on polygon.

link1

link2

link3

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Just curious feels but what version are you using?

That looks like the track surface of the older versions...