Tiresize and ride height

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MHansen, Mar 30, 2016.

1. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Hi all,

I have managed to get my very first attempt of a mod (Golf III VR6) into the game (devmod), but as you can see on the following pictures, there is a very big difference in how the car looks in showroom and in-game. So what I would like to know if whether the difference is because of rideheight and tire/rim size or it might be something else.

I have borrowed the all the basic files from the SkipBarber car, which might explain some of it.

http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=19675&d=1459347805

http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=19674&d=1459347794

Cheers,
    Michael

2. Butters

Butters Registered

Hi pretty sure the HDV file has the line you are looking for if not it will be in the suspension file. Just open up the file in notepad and search for "height" should be Blue to find tyres as well pretty sure

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

3. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Where is the origin of your body model located? FWIW the tub of the car should be modeled sitting on the ground. If it isn't you may be able to adjust with modifiers, but I've always just set it up proper.

I also use the wheels off the SB as a stand in, mine also dig into the surface. This is likely because of the difference in defined wheel center [pm] vs actual static loaded radius.
    Edit: it's been a bit since I've actually dug in rf2 files, I posted that but I'm not so certain that is correct. You may also want to check where your tire/rim mesh origin is located.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
  4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

There are 2 places, where tire size is defined: for AI cars in the tbc file and for the player car in the tgm file.