Tires Marks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AceLain, Mar 9, 2016.

1. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hey guys !

I was wondering if they was a way, for the tires marks when locking up on braking or spinning, to last longer ?

I am wondering, because at first I tought that the marks were not lasting long enough because of my graphic at low, but now I have a new GPU and my Special effects is set to max (full I think) I am still not see a skid after locking brake a lap after.

2 things that I realized over this.

First, The only car that was tires mark to stay longer is the Flat6

second: I made some lap at bathurst with the ISI vette, locking up at different corner, next lap no tires mark. After that, I watched the replay from both lap and the tires marks were visible. So the tires marks stay longer on replay.

Is it just my config or is it like that for everyone ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

That is normal. Quantity of skid-marks is fixed in track-terrain-file.
    There may be differences between live and replay, because such things are generated all new, despite the past.
    Some smart modders are doing it right these days and crank the possible number of skidmarks up, what have no drawbacks.
    Wondering for ages why ISI doesn´t do this.
    Nothing you can do about it, unless you repack all tracks (what make them useless in multiplayer).

3. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Cool thanks, so I am not alone

But, the flat6 tire marks are staying much longer than Isi cars no matter which track is used !