Tires appear flat in replay, screenshots not saved

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jtbo, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I did notice that tires did appeared flat on one mod car I am making, but only at replay.

Then I did some testing, I added more weight to rTrainer, 2258kg exactly, and then examined tire deformation from outside view, after that I did hit R for quick replay and noticed tires had clearly more deformation, like having less pressure, there was not much of any deformation at when car was parked and I did look it from outside view live, but at replay there clearly was.

So I made conclusion that either live mode or replay mode has something off, there is no much of difference when having rTrainer at standard weight, maybe when tires are made well for car there still is not much difference, but there is some difference that can be provoked by increasing weight to car enough.

Is it right amount of deformation at replay and wrong amount at live view or otherway, I don't really know, but I would except to have amount of deformation that I see in replay.

I took screenshots too, but they do not appear to be saved even I did hear camera sound, maybe screenshots fail at windowed mode as I got screenshots saved when earlier I used full screen mode, I must examine this more and report back.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed same or can test and confirm that tire deform issue in replays?

2. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I can't speak to the tire deformation issue, but I have the same screenshots "bug." It saves a 0kb file in the screenshots folder. However, FRAPS is a good alternative, and if I recall(I have the full paid version), the free version allows screenshots, but only gives you 30 seconds of video recording.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

With Meganes this happens too and even without changing anything in files.

Car's body stays same distance away from track surface, but wheels are closer to ground and tires are flat when you push R for quick replay. Increasing tire pressure seem not to have effect, so perhaps radius of wheel+tire is read differently in replay mode? Camber setting at least is not same, maybe something else is also different in replay.
    Maybe tire radius is taken from TBC and physical model in TGM is bit different size?

Haven't got much ideas, but it is easy to reproduce with megane, just don't drive car, wait 30sec after going to track, Press R and adjust swingman so that it is easy to monitor tires, then see as they are flat, when replay ends and live mode resumes wheels move a bit and are not flat anymore, car body does not move.