WIP Tire sound on btcc cars

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bruno Gil, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

Im hoping this is a bug but I'm not holding my breath...
    I just bought the first BTCC pack and it turns out that I can only hear tire noise when the tires are sliding way too much i.e. there is visible understeer or oversteer. This is not the case in any other cars, as the tires start producing noise as soon as there is a little slip angle occurring. Is this normal for the new cars? I understand this has been an ongoing discussion in the forums for years now, where some people defend the tires start making noise too soon, but everyone who tries hard cornering IRL will notice the tires start producing noise way before they start losing grip.

Please tell me it's just a bug with my game as the cars seem pretty amazing otherwise.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The BTCC cars have the full sound update that was introduced last spring. So you will find the cockpit a much quieter place than what you may be used to. There are a few sliders you can try adjusting, mainly the 2nd one for onboard sound. Plus changing the HRTF setting in the right side of the sound options screen.
    The lower set of sliders under the LEGACY banner are for cars that have not yet been updated, this would include 'most' 3rd party and a fairly large portion of the existing S397 free & DLC content. Changes to the legacy sliders will not affect the BTCC cars nor the Oreca 07, IR18, Mini, Caterham & GTE cars.

3. Nuno Leite Castro

Nuno Leite Castro Registered

Hi there,

I feel the same here. Like a week or so ago, the BTCC had its sounds just great, when locking tyres, when pushing hard mid corner, etc... Now I barely hear it, it's from day and night. Even when I brake hard and skining the tyres, hardly hear it. Plus, FWD when front wheels are spinning, if you can't hear them on corner exit in order to short shift, you will burn them in no time.

For me it's a bug. I've tried all solutions under sound TAB and volumes of them all, still the same. The thing is that a week or so ago it was just fine.

Please fix that, it's very strange playing only with visual aid. The BTCC are amazing, it feels just nice driving them, but now.......

Edit: on onboard of corse.

Florian Dubiel likes this.
  4. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

Update: I tried deleting the car files and letting the game reinstall, that brought back the tire locking sound and A BIT of tire scrubbing. However after switching tracks one or two times it's back to the same: no tire locking sounds on corner entry, no tire scrubbing on corner entry or exit, only tire screeching when you go way past the limit of grip in the middle of the corner. On the replay however, in the trackside cameras, its hearable. There must be some sort of bug here.
    I did try messing with the new settings to no avail
    If it matters, these are really the only cars which do it, even the new caterham is fine

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    Frederick Alonso and Lazza like this.
  5. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

Bump
    We have a championship using these cars about to start and it would be a huge bother having to race with this issue. Devs please let us know something

6. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

Bump again.
    I understand there was already some discussion internally about this and you're leaning towards the behaviour being as intended. I won't even touch on the subjective views on how loud the tire sound should be again, I already made my point in the OP; However, as I have also already said, there is definitely some odd behaviour going on, as sometimes (rarely) there is sound as soon as the tires lock up on corner entry, and most of the times you can lock up hard enough that the car just doesn't turn and there is NO SOUND AT ALL. In the replay, third person view, however, you can clearly hear the tires lock up. Most people on the league I'm taking part on complain about this issue. So once again, I'm asking you to fix it

7. Florian Dubiel

Florian Dubiel Registered

from my point of view there is something wrong with the current BTCC cars, engine sound is great, tires are hardly to hear, no break squeaking, opponents? cant really hear them, environment, Ambient? everything a bit out of balance