Tire question

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Tim Bennett, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

If i have my tires half buried into the terrain and nothing will get them level...

SOLVED:

Solution: If you use a .tgm from another car, make sure the SizeMultiplier= in the [REALTIME] section is set to 1.0, 1.0 if you have your radius correct in your tbc, adjust as needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Have you tested:
    SizeMultiplier=(0.64,0.897) // if necessary, an adjustment to the geometrical width and radius; default is (1.0,1.0)

From tgm file?

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

There seems to be something weird in the SizeMultiplier which I can't put my finger on. Values 1.0,1.0 produce slightly smaller tire compared to original 3D model and what the radius is set in the TBC file. The difference is small, but I can see it.. With values 1.05 I think it is correct, but I'd still like to know what is going on..

On a side note, my original tire models for rF1 models seem to work with tire deformation feature just fine. I was afraid this would need some extra 3D work but obviously not.

4. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

I'm using dirt oval tires that are significantly bigger then most asphalt tires so i figured i would run into issues. It's like the tires get stuck in the track on understeer, hangs my car in neutral and it just stops haha, but i will look into that jtbo thank you very much.

5. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

Worked like a charm i can't believe i missed that line! It was set to your values because i borrowed it from the meganes as a start.

Had to set to 1.15 on both but now it's just fine. Thanks! I will edit the original post with the solution for others.