Tire problem (graphic bug)

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by BULIT, Jan 20, 2013.

1. BULIT

BULIT Registered

Hi, I have a problem with tires (image 2). I think you need to do a quick tutorial how to do everything to make it work. So ... I converted the model car, do I need tires, unfortunately PDF from ISI is confusing to me.

If I understand well, I do tire, so that the model had 1 material for wall tires and 1 for the tread. (+ Sequence of 6 textures) -> See this image 1-> [img=http://s8.postimage.org/6bfjwa2sx/tires1.jpg]

See this image 2 -> [img=http://s9.postimage.org/ezudrwexn/350z_problem.jpg]

if I'm all right. My opinion is that the error is. TGM file (. But the problem is that I do not know. (where, and what set)
    I think somewhere I have to convert the values ​​for tire (this tires spec)
    F 45.7x20.3cm/18x8in
    R 21.6x18cm/8.5x7.1in

convert this value? maybe?
    [Node] // 0
    Geometry=(0.1256410256,-0.229,0.006)
    I think that I need to convert the values​​, using the "node" say RF2 to create the shape of tires..

Can anyone explain this?? Apology for my bad english :) Thanks for reply...

2. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Sorry, i noticed just now your thread was moderated.

Approved now and bumped with my reply. :)

3. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Hey Bulit
    In the pic you wrote you have set the pivot, what value? Center to object? Some other parts seems to have the same problem with the wrong pivot, like the rear bumper.
    All parts must have the same pivot (0,0,0) exlclude, steering wheel, tires, rims, brakediscs and susp. All parts of a wheel must have the center object pivot of the tire.
    Hope I can help you.

cheers

4. BULIT

BULIT Registered

Hi k3nny, yes all object have pivot 0,0,0 (other parts have bug, because the tire bug made this bug). Only pivot have steering wheel (i chose point, when must circle) - same way how on rf1. So this way must be a right, because steering wheel is good. Anyway for wheel i set pivot, where must circle (in center wheel -> turning point).

But, when i made tire old way like rf1 (i thing tires with one material for all tire texture). So i test this on track, and its okey and tire, rim,brake an cap its on right position, and function well.

This made question, really must have tire model material (one for wall of tire and one for tread tire)???
    If not, i don't have problem and i can go converting other 300 cars..

5. k3nny

k3nny Registered

As I understand the tutorial you need 2 materials for the wall and thread.

6. BULIT

BULIT Registered

Yes i think so. But why deform my tires? If i am in menu tires have right model, when i go to track, do this (see on my picture)..

7. A13

A13 Registered

Then you export your tires and wheels, be sure you have checked "deformable" and also check "Deformable=True" is set in your .*gen file.
    At least for me this does the trick a while ago.

8. BULIT

BULIT Registered

Thanks you A13, i try this way. Do you send me, for example your tire section from gen files?

9. A13

A13 Registered

I have attached the Clio.gen. I used this as a base for my cars.
    I would recommend that you extract all the files of one of the ISI cars. This way you have a good example, as some things have changed since rF1.

We use different programs, so the result may vary. For me it wasn't enough to set only the Deformable tag in the .*gen. I needed to have this checked while exporting.... but maybe 3dsimed work different in that way than max2010

10. BULIT

BULIT Registered

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Your wheels/rims/disc ... have to be centred on the same center pivot point by wheel (I think it's OK on this point because on track it's working). In the spinner, the wheels use the position of the wheel as static position from 0,0,0 as your 3D scene. If you have this kind of result, it's because you have a problem on the structure of you gen I think. Check your block, seems some are not closed correctly.
    Compare with an ISI one (or the one given in the tutorial done by ISI.

12. BULIT

BULIT Registered

Yes i have a mistake in spinner gen file, but i fix this and cap, tire,rim is right position, but i don´t see tires -> I fix this.. its okej :) so i go continue with other cars thx for assist

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013