Tire explode? Simulator crash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by PLorenti, Jul 15, 2021.

1. PLorenti

PLorenti Registered

I am not sure if it is the MOD or the simulator that produces this bug but I noticed it with the ORECA in LE MANS.
    When the tire pressure is high and speeds of around 315 km / h are reached, the simulator crashes.
    It's like the tire explodes, which would be logical due to the high speed and pressure, but not the simulator closing.
    I say that it is something of the tire because sometimes at the moment of crash the temperature gives crazy numbers (attached image).
    I tried in Le Mans of Studio 397 to rule out that it was a mistake in some unofficial mod.
    Greetings
    Greetings[​IMG]

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a trace file? If you're using some crazy setup, you can send it to @Christopher Elliott to be checked.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is about the speed the Oreca starts dragging it's bottom. Perhaps prolonged dragging is creating heat on the floor which is transferring to the tire. Try stiffening your springs a click or two and raise the ride height a couple of mm. You should be able to reach 330+ with a long enough straight. Floor dragging will limit that Vmax.

4. PLorenti

PLorenti Registered

Later I will look for the trace file. Default setup with more tire pressure only.

I understand that it would be realistic if the wheel explodes but not the simulator crash.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The crash is happening because the values you reported are wildly outside the operating any condition the sim is capable of processing. The key is to discover WHY those tire temps are so grossly beyond the norm.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, the values shown are the result of a physics crash. Google "32 bit integer range".

7. redapg

redapg Registered

If i remember it right, that Problem did happen some Time ago already and the Reason was a too low Ring Stiffness, that let the Tyres "explode" under some Conditions.
    So it is something that has to be fixed by S397.

TheGame316 likes this.
  8. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

From memory, it was the Corvette and the public GT tyre sample. I thought it was too high ring stiffness, but would probably trust @redapg as it was a while ago.
    In the testing for the mod I was working on, the tyre would "explode" at 295km/h as you would turn into the chase at Bathurst. In a MP server, this would sometimes result in sometimes other vehicles being kicked at the same time.