Tire Allocation or option for Tire/Fuel to be changed seperately.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by B. Warren, Aug 18, 2019.

1. B. Warren

B. Warren Registered

As the title says, rf2 needs an option to allow for tires to be changed separately from fuel. I know that this can be modded depending on the vehicle, but in some cases it can not easily be modded. There are a few leagues which suffer from this when it comes to endurance racing. As it stands, there is no reason to have any strategy other than change to soft tires at the end of each stint because it takes place during fueling. This eliminates strategy from taking place in an endurance race, which is an essential element to have.

The only league I know of that has pulled this off is VEC via modding. However, this should be an in game option to choose whenever hosting races. For leagues that allow fueling/tires to take place at the same time, there needs to be a system of allocating tires for the race.

I feel that the above changes would be a major improvement for endurance racing and open up the possibility of proper strategy.

Lazza likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, as much as specific cars are often tied to a series and its rules, for server hosting it would be good to have this (along with many other) options open to the admin to change, instead of being buried in the cars. Only as an optional override though, as in some (rare) cases, different cars may have this option different and that may be part of their being balanced for racing.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

S397 will say they are following current rules which allow refueling WITH tire changes. There is still strategy in regard to trying to triple stint tires vs changing them every time.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Depends on the content, obviously. I think it would be a good option to have for a server admin. But of course the default should be to rely on what the content itself (the cars) says.

5. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I agree and even tire limits during a race or race weekend would be cool to have as an option. For example for NASCAR you get something like 16 sets for a Race weekend 4 for practice and qualifying and 12 for the race. This would make it easier on league admin if the server handled this as of right now they have to go back and review and penalize someone if they used more sets of tires than allowed for that race. another cool feature would be to reuse a set of tires. Say you have run out of tires and you have a set you only ran 7 laps on them then you could stick those back on with the wear % they were taken off with. Just some ideas to make it even better for online league simulations for race weekends.