[TIP] PureRef - All your reference images in one place.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FuNK!, Jul 22, 2020.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Hey Guys,
    was watching a Blender tutorial from Blender Guru today (in case you're curious, it was this) and Andrew gave some software suggestions. One of it was "PureRef" and I think this is really awesome!

What can PureRef do for you? Every artist knows that reference images are key to achieve good results. And all artists do collect A LOT reference images - and I know what I'm talking about! Now you could just have these reference images sitting in a folder, do browsing them, looking at the thumbnails or whatever. I know that even some have hundreds of tabs opened in their browser showing just a single image at a time. But all of that isn't really a good or efficient workflow as you lose a lot of time clicking around through your collection. Maybe your workflow already included something like pasting all reference into one image and you used that collage as to organize your stuff. Which in principle is a good idea, but even that could get complex and cluttered simply because an image processor is not made for this. And now here comes PureRef into play! That awesome piece of software is offering an endless canvas on which you can paste reference images, scale them, arrange them, put notes alongside, you name it. It even allows you to drag & drop images in (e.g. from your browser or desktop) and show color codes (helpful if you want to try matching a color in your artwork). And the best of it all? It's free* and cross-platform (Windows, MacOS, Linux)!!

Now my artist friends, go out and grap your copy here! ;) And of course spread the word :cool:

* You can contribute to the project by selecting whatever amount you like. If you enter "0" as custom amount, you can download the software for free.

Mitch9 and Gilles Benoit like this.