[REL] TinyPedal - open source overlay APP for rF2 (Radar,Pedal,FFB,Deltabest,Relative,Fuel calculator)

Discussion in 'Other' started by svictor, Mar 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. svictor

svictor Registered

It works, at least in old version. I haven't tested it in new version but should work the same. One important thing about this APP is that, you can only see overlap & update if you are the driver currently driving the car. Spectate team mate does not count as you are driving, hence will not show the overlay or any data (it should be shown as soon as driver swap is done and you are in control). You have to be the one who is driving to see.

Lemme know if it works, thanks.

(I will also try find someone to help for testing.)

Update:
    It is indeed some problem with driver swap, I'll try fix asap.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  2. svictor

svictor Registered

v1.4.1 important update - Fixed driver swap
    DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.4.1
    Thanks to derricklu for testing. Thanks to @Capeta for reporting the issues.

TinyPedal 1.4.1 (2022-06-05)
    • Core
      • Removed additional player index check that freezes overlay update.
        Overlay now works correctly with Driver Swap.

3. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Oh my, thanks you very much, installing this new version for my next stint.

EDIT : Any specific reason why that would still not work ? Same as before to me, took the one from the link 1.4.1

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    svictor likes this.
  4. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi,

I'm now pretty sure something is wrong with either the game or sharedmemory API. And it is related to mInRealtimeFC value, as tinypedal reads & uses mInRealtimeFC value to determine whether widgets should be shown or hidden (a simple 0 or 1 value), but for some reason it can fail to work in current RF2 version.

If I may guess, your issue would look like following:
    1. start RF2 & tinypedal.
    2. go into server as spectator.
    3. click Passenger button and choose team mate.
    4. all widgets from tinypedal are still hidden and not shown.
    5. finished driver swap, still no widgets shown.

Yesterday while I was testing with team mate, I had once encountered this issue where mInRealtimeFC did not work and caused widgets not shown no matter whether I was driving or not. Then suddenly after a few driver swap test, all widgets were always shown no matter whether I was driving. And I have tried to fully restart tinypedal several times, but it did not work, auto-hide function simply fail to work (Note, tinypedal doesn't interact with game in anyway, it only reads data from sharedmemory API, so that means it only reads value "1" from API when the issue occurred). And in the end it was only fixed after I fully restarted RF2. So it is definitely nothing wrong with tinypedal, but something is not right with RF2 or API.

Since this is not first time mInRealtimeFC shown troubled behavior, I'm going to rewrite auto-hide function to use something more reliable to determine widgets visibility.

yashiman, VirusGR42, Capeta and 3 others like this.
  5. svictor

svictor Registered

v1.4.2 update - new auto-hide method
    DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.4.2
    New update now uses player's Ignition status for determine whether to hide widgets as well as data calculation. This won't affect engine flameout (ex. if you spin and engine is flameout, it will not affect "Ignition" status. Only manual toggle "Ignition" hotkey will change status).

TinyPedal 1.4.2 (2022-06-06)
    • Core
      • Replaced mInRealtimeFC with mIgnitionStarter for player status check and auto-hide function.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  6. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Thank you for your explanation, time and update. :)

ebeninca and svictor like this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

first solo test was a success. Thanks

Danny Wilde, ebeninca and svictor like this.
  8. manashttu

manashttu Registered

Thank you for this essential tool for rF2. It is amazing.

Want to raise an issue I'm having with gsync when using this overlay. I run an RTX 3080 and triple Dell s2716dg Gsync 1440p monitors. I use Gsync in fullscreen and windowed mode.

When I enter the cockpit, gsync indicator displays in upper right corner per usual. When I click the ignition, TinyPedal activates, and gsync ceases the operate (the indicator disappears and I can tell it's not working by tearing).

However, if before hitting ignition, I "alt-enter", once the screen settles in again, hitting ignition activates TinyPedal and gsync continues to work.

Further, if I "alt-enter" in the UI before or after entering the cockpit, gsync works after activating TinyPedal.

I'm certainly not complaining about this procedure---no problem, but thought there might be a setting I could adjust in nvidia or the app to resolve this minor issue.

Thank you again for this great tool.

svictor likes this.
  9. manashttu

manashttu Registered

Goodness . . . as soon as I posted the previous gsync issue---it crossed my mind to disable fullscreen optimizations for the rfactor2 exe. That fixed it. Maybe my premature question and my own answer will help somebody down the road.

Thanks again for the outstanding overlay.

svictor and ebeninca like this.
  10. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for the find and info, I'll add your comments to first post.

btw, radar widget is currently WIP;)

ebeninca and Capeta like this.
  11. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Can't wait for it ! :):)
    Thanks again.

12. svictor

svictor Registered

v1.5.0 update - Radar Widget!
    upload_2022-6-7_19-58-35.png
    DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.5.0

The long wait is over. Make sure to read customization guide:
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki#radar

Enjoy!

TinyPedal 1.5.0 (2022-06-07)
    • [New]Radar Widget
      • Show car radar that displays relative position of player's vehicle against up 6 nearby vehicles.
      • Vehicle changes color if is laps ahead or behind player.
      • Fully customizable size & scale.
      • Default refresh rate at 50 fps.
      • Show center mark.
    • Core
      • Deltatime module is now named realtime_delta, and as delta_module in config.ini file.
      • Moved all "relative list" code to new realtime_relative module, added relative_module in config.ini file.
      • Both Relative & Radar widgets now read data from realtime_relative module,
        and calculation is done in a separated thread at constant 5fps(the limit of API).
    • Misc
      • Updated customization guide with new configurable setting for Radar Widget.
      • Updated features.md with Radar Widget info.

upload_2022-6-7_19-58-50.png

Danny Wilde, GPNeville, felan and 8 others like this.
  13. Corti

Corti Registered

wow GRANDE SVICTOR!!!!

14. svictor

svictor Registered

v1.5.1 update - Vehicle orientation on Radar Widget
    upload_2022-6-8_10-34-20.png
    DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.5.1

Now Radar Widget can show opponents vehicle orientation. (no anti-aliasing support due to GUI library limitation)

TinyPedal 1.5.1 (2022-06-08)
    • Radar Widget
      • Now draw vehicle orientation relative to player vehicle.

shiet, felan, speedo59 and 8 others like this.
  15. EmanueleMarra15

EmanueleMarra15 Registered

you are the best! excellent!

svictor likes this.
  16. shiet

shiet Registered

Thank you for this plugin, I just discovered it yesterday. :D I made a bunch of dashboards for simhub for myself because I thought there is none for rF2.
    One question: can you make the radar like so that you can only see it on the screen when an opponent is inside the range of this minimap?
    Even better would be if when the opponent is at the very edge of the minimap the cars (rectangles) are barely visible (more transparent) and as they come closer they become more visible (less transparent).
    I made a dashboard like this for Simhub but would be awesome as a native plugin for rF2.

svictor likes this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I haven't read the full set of documentation yet, but what does it mean when the rake widget is blinking red rapidly?

svictor likes this.
  18. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Hi @svictor, it's me again.. hahaha

I'm started to have a problem of all widgets disappearing randomly since the version 1.5.0, so I did some extra testing to discover what's happening and I'm going to detail my last one...

1 - I was alone in a server at Le mans with a 3rd party Endurance mod doing a test stint...
    2 - Suddenly when another driver entered the server all the widgets disappeared, so I decided to keep on track to not loose all the work I was doing...
    3 - After 3 min, the widgets suddenly reappeared, but with very weird values, the gear and speed didn't seem to be from my car, but from the other driver's car...
    4 - After more 2 minutes, the widgets disappeared again, and I kept going...
    5 - More 2 minutes and suddenly all starts to work correctly again, exactly at the moment the message center shows that the other driver had leave the server.

Looks like something related with the driver index on server, I think this can help you to fix the problem, thx.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    lagg and svictor like this.
  19. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. However as the GUI library(tkinter) does not support alpha transparency, thus it is not possible to create varied & changeable transparency. You can only set the whole widget (app window) to a certain transparency percentage.

Blinking red rapidly means the ride height value reading is equal or below 0mm, which could mean the car is bottoming (if you have taken into ride height offset). Both bottoming indicator color and ride height offset can be set in config.json

Thanks for the info.

So far with the latest 1.5.1 version, me and my friends haven't encountered any similar issues you have experienced during online practices & races. One important thing is to check & use the latest version of rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll, as some older version may have troubles. You can get latest version of DLL by first delete the old DLL in rFactor 2\Bin64\Plugins folder, then installing latest CrewChief, run it, select RF2 and hit "Start Crew Chief" button once, a new DLL will be installed then.

20. Guillem Rego

Guillem Rego Registered

Does it have starting lights? If not could you add it?

felan likes this.