[REL] TinyPedal - open source overlay APP for rF2 (Radar,Pedal,FFB,Deltabest,Relative,Fuel calculator)

Discussion in 'Other' started by svictor, Mar 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. svictor

svictor Registered

Good idea. I have also been thinking to add some kind visualize widget to let driver "see" balance changes. Also may be pre-calculated "absolute total refilling" values.

Though I really feel that LMU should give user an option (which RF2 has it) to switch back to old "relative refuel" style so that player don't have to do all those extra calculation.
    (for example, if with RF2's old "relative refuel", player doesn't have to do any additional calculation at all, no matter if it's an early or late pit, just set pitstop refuel value as shown in the widget "refill/refuel" column and it's done, simple and easy.)

Thanks for feedback. There should not be memory leak issues as far as I tested, but there are a few cases that more RAM may be used:

- Running giant tracks (such as "Isle of Man" or "Targa Florio") while "Navigation Widget" is enabled. This is because "Navigation Widget" has to create very large scaled(zoomed in) track map image for those giant tracks that map image size easily goes over 10k resolution, which would result high RAM usage(it has been this way since it was implemented). For example, "Isle of Man" would use around 450mb extra RAM for drawing map in Navigation Widget. It is a trade off between space (draw map image once and store in memory) and computing time (calculate and draw map paths on every refresh). This high RAM usage case only happens to giant tracks like "Isle of Man" or "Targa Florio", and there are very few tracks in RF2 that is over 20km long. So if you are playing giant track and concerning about RAM usage, just disable "Navigation Widget", which would immediately release RAM space (as mentioned in v2.13.0 changelog).

- Another possible case may be from brand logo (if enabled) images size being too large. The recommendation is to adjust each brand logo image dimension within 100 or 200 pixels width or height, though currently the widget already handles logo down-scale and resize internally so it shouldn't be an issue.

If you are still finding unusual memory usage, you can upload preset json file (and name of the track & car combo you were running), and take a memory usage screenshot from task manager, thanks. (Tinypedal normally uses 40 to 70mb RAM depends on how many widgets enabled, and more if with big track maps.)

ps: I may add a new "System Monitor Widget" to display things like CPU/RAM usage stuff in the future.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    Capeta, ebeninca and DanRZ like this.
  2. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

I checked memory usage yesterday.
    94 MB max payload, and a variation between 50 and 60 MB on Private/Dynamic memory.
    LMU, Le Mans, full grid, Hypercars only.
    The dynamic memory varies a bit, goes higher and lower, no apparent leakage, it gets back to 53 MB often.

svictor likes this.
  3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

4. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I guess the problem isn't from there then.
    I had a lot of CTDs on LMU lately, people had a look at the logs and told me it was memory.
    I tested them, no issue.
    32GB DDR4 3600 CL14.
    LMU team is working on improving a bit the ram usage, let's see.

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The combo porsche gte and Monza had multiple ctds with me, I think is something related with collision model.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Why does it happen only to you? Maybe faulty memory?

7. svictor

svictor Registered

v2.14.1 - Hide vehicles ahead in Radar Widget
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v2.14.1

This update added the recently requested new Radar feature for hiding vehicles ahead of player and only showing vehicles behind.

Instead of hardcoded detection range, 6 new options were added to give user full control to detection range.

It comes with two set of options:
    First is 3 "auto hide minimum distance" options, which define an invisible rectangle area that auto hides Radar if no vehicle is within the rectangle area.
    Second is 3 "vehicle maximum visible distance" options, which define an invisible rectangle area that hides any vehicle outside the rectangle area.

Those two set of options can be set differently to meet specific needs. By default, both set of options use same detection range value, which works exactly same as previous version.

Example:
    To hide any vehicle that is ahead of you and within radar radius, just set "vehicle maximum visible distance ahead" value to something like 5 or 6. The reason for not using 0 is because distance value is measured from center point of player's vehicle, which requires slightly offset to compensate.

Similarly, to auto hide Radar when there is no vehicle behind you while there are vehicles ahead and within radar radius, just set "auto hide minimum distance ahead" value to 5 or 6.

And if you wish to only show vehicles on the side, just set both "ahead" and "behind" options to lower values to limit the detection range.
    [​IMG]

There are also 3 additional "distance circle" options added to Radar widget, for a total 5 reference circles that can be useful for checking opponent relative distance.

User guide new entries:
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/User-Guide#radar

Attached Files:

rysim abd, datasting, elgagon and 2 others like this.
  8. ricardoferreira

ricardoferreira Registered

It's possible to add the % in pedals?
    I don't know what the % that i have of clutch, brake or acc
    that with will to know the clutch bite point

svictor and ebeninca like this.
  9. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Like this?

View attachment upload_2024-6-28_15-55-44.png

Makes sense.

10. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

@svictor talking with a friend today, we had a bold idea, a challenge to you..

A Weather Forecast widget,

I think it will be a difficult task with lots of decisions to make, but it's doable.

We know that most of the leagues uses the WeatherPlugin on server, so the basic idea is to give the driver the same base options of the WeatherPlugin to configure the provider with API keys, so the responsibility to know which provider the server is using is on the driver.

[​IMG]

I believe the track coordinates can be acquired automatically the same way WeatherPlugin does (Maybe from track info). After configuring it, TinyPedal can generate a list / table with the forecast for the next minutes/hours, in a bolder perspective, TinyPedal could generate a map with the weather forecast info.

What do you think?

svictor likes this.
  11. sepi

sepi Registered

@svictor Congrats for this awesome tool.
    In the sectors widget, can we have the option for deltabest sectors from all time best lap time and not only from the best lap time of the session.
    Thanks.

svictor likes this.
  12. svictor

svictor Registered

thanks guys, all suggestions noted.

sepi and ebeninca like this.
  13. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Thank you Victor. Your amazing plugins, HUDs, circuits etc are essential for rFactor 2.

BTW, the time scale in Cruise didn't work in the latest version.
    I played 2 time scale races in the last 2 weeks, buttimes were not correct.
    This image is 1.2 hours race with 5x Time scale.

Please check it out at your convenience.

Attached Files:

Corti and svictor like this.
  14. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks mate, I have identified the problem. It's related to some Rest API values that were not synchronized from server side in RF2. I just found a possible solution, but will need more testing to be sure.

Corti, ebeninca and yashiman like this.
  15. svictor

svictor Registered

The data (clock time) desync problem should be solved now in the latest commits in source code page ( https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal ). There are also new features that show battery charge drain & regen history logs in Fuel Calculator, and allowing multi-selection and adding data from history table.
    [​IMG]

Next update however will still take more time, as there are new features are currently in the work.

Meanwhile, if you don't wish to wait next update, you can download and run the source code. Lemme know if any issue.

Attached Files:

16. svictor

svictor Registered

2.15.0 - Weather Forecast Widget
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v2.15.0

[​IMG]

Notable changes:
    Add new Weather Forecast Widget for RF2 & LMU (requested by @ebeninca )
    Add pedal input readings for Pedal Widget (requested by @ricardoferreira )
    Add all time best sectors data recording & display (requested by @sepi )
    Add battery charge drain & regen (%) per lap to history log in Fuel Calculator.

See changelog and user guide for details.

https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/User-Guide#fuel-calculator
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/User-Guide#sectors
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/User-Guide#pedal
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/User-Guide#weather-forecast

Attached Files:

datasting, sepi, Corti and 6 others like this.
  17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Wow, great, an important first step for forecast.

svictor likes this.
  18. sepi

sepi Registered

@svictor Thanks for your efforts.
    But for me all time best sectors on sectors widget doesn't work properly.
    You see below season best lap, all time best lap and last lap.
    Sectors is from season best lap. The correct sectors are in the green box.

On second picture you see personal best ,isn't PB. Is last lap.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      436.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      File size:
      51.5 KB
      Views:
  19. svictor

svictor Registered

Sector data is recorded when you started tinypedal. if you have previously done any laptime that was before tinypedal was started (or not using 2.15.0), then the sector data simply does not exist.

Try a new track in a new session without any previous deltabest data, and check again if both data matches.

-------------------------------------------------

Here is how deltabest and sectorbest recording works:
    • Deltabest data is recorded by delta module. This module is also responsible for recording personal all time best laptime, and providing timing data for Timing Widget. Those data can only be recorded while tinypedal is running, if it is not running, then any previously all time personal best laptime or deltabest does not exist.
    • Sectorbest data is recorded by sectors module. All sectors data can only be accessed and calculated through this module. Unlike other log analyzer, tinypedal doesn't read sectors data from game logs, tinypedal only accesses data from sharedmemory API, which doesn't keep more than 1 lap of sectors history data, that's why sector data has to be recorded in real-time while tinypedal is running. So if v2.15.0 tinypedal was not running before, then any previously sectors data does not exist.

Those 2 modules and their recording functions and files are fully separated, this is done so to give user more flexibility to choose which data they want to keep. This means you can individually reset/delete deltabest data from a track, while still keeping sector best data, or the opposite around.

And in this case, Timing Widget can show totally different readings than Sectors Widget if either one of the data was not recorded at the same time.

----------------------------

As of speaking, I have done another full testing with 2.15.0 Sectors Widget, here are the results:

I started a new (1st) session that doesn't have any previous records or data in TinyPedal. Then made a new PB (1:16.088). And quit this session (back to main menu).

Started another new (2nd) session with the same track & car as 1st one, did another session PB (1:17.751) in current session.

As picture shows, Timing and Sectors Widget show all time best laptime that matches each other as recorded from 1st session, as well as a new current session PB in Timing Widget "P" row.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024 at 3:56 AM
    datasting and sepi like this.
  20. sepi

sepi Registered

All time best lap 1:28.695 is from another day previously with 2.14.1 version open. I'll try a new session with 2.15.0. thanks.

svictor likes this.