[REL] TinyPedal - open source overlay APP for rF2 (Radar,Pedal,FFB,Deltabest,Relative,Fuel calculator)

Discussion in 'Other' started by svictor, Mar 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks, I have just identified the cause of this issue, it will be fixed soon.

2. ColinWolfe

ColinWolfe Registered

Hi @svictor, I really enjoy the HUD for Rf2. I want to ask for a suggestion. Is it possible to have another column in the standing and relative that show the car manufacturer's brand as an option to show/hide? I've attached a photo as an example from racelabs. Thanks for your continuous work on tinypedal hud.

Attached Files:

svictor and ebeninca like this.
  3. svictor

svictor Registered

2.0.3 update - Restored speed limiter for gear widget, fixed performance issue while spectating
    DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v2.0.3
    Special thanks to teammate carzi for helping with driver swap testing.

2.0.3 (2023-05-15)
    • Gear Widget
      • Restored "show_speed_limiter" option,
        which shows pit speed limiter indicator.
    • Timing Widget
      • Left alignment is now forced on all prefix text,
        and prefix width is based on the longest prefix text of all.
    • pyRfactor2SharedMemory
      • Fixed a performance issue while local player is spectating.
    • Misc
      • Add information about split PySide2 Linux package. (by Bernat)
      • Fix icon location in Linux desktop file. (by Bernat)

Corti, ebeninca, yashiman and 3 others like this.
  4. Agahnim

Agahnim Registered

Hi there!

Is there someone successfully displayed Tinypedal widgets in VR using Openkneeboard ?
    https://github.com/OpenKneeboard/OpenKneeboard

I've tried but widgets aren't recognized by the tool since he's looking for windows.
    Maybe there's a trick so I'm asking

yashiman likes this.
  5. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, thanks for suggestion, and sorry, there is no plan to support brand icon display.

While there is not brand icon, brand name display is already there in both widgets, which is by setting "driver_name_mode" to 1 or 2. This option will display "vehicle name" (this is the only string where brand info can be found in game's API), see user guide for details:
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/User-Guide#relative-1

6. ColinWolfe

ColinWolfe Registered

Thanks for the reply. Using the Vehicle name option works too. Thanks for letting be know about that option change.

ebeninca likes this.
  7. doublebidule

doublebidule Registered

Hi
    we can not make the point " . " in the graphical interface of the settings

8. svictor

svictor Registered

Not every setting allows float point number, some settings are integer number only, hence " . " is not allowed to type. If the entry box doesn't allow you to type " . ", then it's integer number only.

For example most of dimension setting are in screen pixel unit, which must be integer number value. There are also other settings require integer number.

ebeninca likes this.
  9. doublebidule

doublebidule Registered

precisely it is that I do not understand in Bar padding the default config is 0.2 and when I want to put it back to default I cannot with the graphical interface and indeed it takes the comma into account but no reaction in the app and on the screen.
    and in the text file is written "0.2".
    thank you for your previous explanations

and is it possible to have the old gasoline widget or the options that we can display the delta and other?

very thank

10. svictor

svictor Registered

The entry box uses a validator called QDoubleValidator for restricting user input, which according to Qt documents here:
    it may depend on your system language locale, some locale may only accept comma instead of period, and if that's the case, it may explain why period doesn't work on your system.
    I'll need to check if this behavior can be bypassed.

As for "old gasoline" widget, do you mean "fuel" widget?
    The options (delta and other stuff) you mention are still there, nothing is removed, and with new features available as mentioned in v2.0 changelog:
    If you mean the grey text above, it's the "show_caption", which need to set to true to display it. You can find all explanation in user guide: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/User-Guide

Last edited: May 16, 2023
    ebeninca and Corti like this.
  11. svictor

svictor Registered

A small update for TINY COMPACT HUD in workshop:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2288974859

v1.9
    - Fixed message box font size (due to changes in yesterday's game update).
    - Add DRS and P2P indicators.
    - Add battery charge.
    - Add 4 new layouts based on "TINYC_HUD_ENDU" layout with pedal display.
    - Add 4 classic layouts.
    - Removed all old layouts, except the oldest "TINYC_HUD" layout.

20230518194857_1.jpg

Mauro, doublebidule, Corti and 2 others like this.
  12. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, great work on the very last version.
    I like the configuration GUI.
    Very useful when you need to adjust parameters "on the fly".
    Are there the possibility to open it when hitting a keyboard combination ? Like CTRL + T
    And maybe save the last position.
    I have a secondary screen and love to keep the config GUI on that second screen.
    It would be great to have it appear/disappear quick on the same spot when hitting the keys.
    The tray menu is almost useless cause it needs to hit Windows key and lose focus on Game, which can cause issues on rF2.
    Thanks.

13. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Is it possible for you to substitute the text font? I mean, there's too much aliasing in the font you're using, not pleasant to use it. I know this is an old rF2 problem, but the new s397 default HUD has a nice font.

14. svictor

svictor Registered

it's the same font from 397, which is ubuntu font. However there are a few extra things could affect the outcome, such as font texture size, HUD font scale, and position (have been already spent large amount time testing those stuff previously).
    If font texture size is big, and when scale them down in HUD, it could cause some aliasing. But if font is too small it could look blurry.

There is also a weird problem with normal game. In devmode, the HUD does not have much aliasing, all font looks very smooth. But after packaging and install them in normal game, they have more aliasing (note, same graphic setting, no FXAA). To better illustrate, below is screenshots comparison between dev and normal mode, enlarged to 200%:
    upload_2023-5-19_0-15-57.png

Don't known if its a bug or something.

ebeninca and elgagon like this.
  15. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for suggestion. I could add remember position in next update (and more things to come next).

For tray icon question, the config window can be kept minimized to taskbar instead of tray icon, tray icon(and menu) is entirely optional. You can disable minimize to tray icon by enable "Show at startup" and disable "Minimize to tray" option from Config menu in the main config window. Then it can be easily alt-tab switched.

Also while config widget, there is really no way to avoid losing focus from game, if the game is pause while losing focus, you can set "Pause If Focus Lost" option in player.json to "false" to avoid game pausing issue. If the APP auto-hides while game is paused, you can temporally turn off "Auto-hide" option.

The reason why the APP auto-hides while game is paused, is to avoid auto-hide failure in case of game crash or lost connection from server. In both case, if without this bypass feature, the APP will not be able to hide again, because the API data will stop updating and continue to send last same piece of data at the moment when the game crash or lost connection from server, until the game is restarted. So in order to avoid this issue, the APP currently is set to force auto-hide if API data stopped updating for at least 5 secs.

For hotkey question, I have thought about this for a few times, however a problem is that global hotkey could usually cause trouble and overriding something it shouldn't or being overridden by something else, as modern days there are enough desktop apps to have various conflicting global hotkeys. For this reason I haven't had plan to add global hotkey support.

Corti, rysim abd and DanRZ like this.
  16. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Many thanks for TINY COMPACT HUD Update
    Very useful with historical cars

svictor, mesfigas and Corti like this.
  17. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i just noticed a bug in the Cruise Widget.
    The Clock is not following the time scale factor ...
    With an x4 scale :
    rF2_Param.png
    Here is what i have on TinyPedal Cruise Widget (Top left) and on my Hud (Bottom right) :
    HUD_Tiny.png
    TinyPedal Cruis Widget shows 20:05 which is 8:05 PM and not 8:21 PM which is the "real" time.
    The Cruise Widget should have shown : 20:21

And why is my odometer still at 0 km and not moving ?

;)

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I am capturing Tinypedal 2.03 elements in VR with crew chief but each element has a border around it showing the desktop??

19. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, you need to manually set "Track Clock Time Scale" to match game's time scale, bacause game API does not output the hidden time scale value.
    timescale.jpg

As for odometer, if you are using time acceleration on AI, it will not counting odometer distance, because there is a forced speed/distance up threshold to avoid wrong calculation due to 20ms API data limit. It should work otherwise.

DanRZ and Corti like this.
  20. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, unfortunately I don't have VR and no way for me to test this.