Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Seeing Tim's last post I think the chance of Bilsterberg improves. I know 100% sure that some time in the past someone mentioned this track, Tim reacted in that tread, was positive about the track, and I am 85% sure that he mentioned excually getting in contact with the trackowner(s)

EDIT :: viva la 'search forum' option :)

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14274-Track-Bilster-Berg-mini-nordschleife!?p=194414#post194414
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14274-Track-Bilster-Berg-mini-nordschleife!?p=196522&viewfull=1#post196522

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Awww c'mon now maaaan...I can't fall into getting all hyped up over this......staaahhhp...:p

3. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

IMO, COTA is the most un-Tilke track Tilke has designed. I don't like his tracks usually but I like COTA. Also, the only part of Istanbul that I really liked (the quad apex curve) made it into COTA so I'm good. :D

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think CotA is a mish mosh mess of corners. I like the elevation changes and some bits of it that would be great combined with less zig-zagging or his typically awkwardly angled corners and short bits of straight. I don't know much of his work outside of the awful F1 tracks he was directed to create, given all he's designed I've actually dislike Sepang far less than I once did.

5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

In that case I'm guessing GingerMan, or Grattan :p

6. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Did you get both of these? Are they both tracks? Both unannounced?

7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Tim could you please got to Kent and talk to the nice people at brands hatch and ask nicely if we could have their track in our game. Please. If any track i could have it would be brands in a heart beat...obviously both configurations. Illl bee aaa vvveeerryyuuu haaappppyyy rrff222 player hehe

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_260 using Tapatalk

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Johnny Palmer wants too much cash, Brands falls under MotorsportVision or something, doubt it'll ever happen as they seem to sell out to the big money grabbers in the market of which ISI aint one.

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yeah COTA is dreadful for me, doesn't do anything for me really.

I watched an Indy Car race a few weeks back and they were racing at such a cool circuit, Barber i think, it was amazing with an awesome flow, loads of up and down elevation parts. I'm sure it's the real world version of Birmingham Motorplex from rF1, one of my favorite tracks ever i league raced on, it looked exactly the same in layout. Would love this track in rF2, i do generally prefer the non F1 tracks for some reason. Those guys driving the hell out of them Indys round there in the wet was nuts.

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

There's a LOT of people here wanting Barber. I hope Tim is listening :)

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It would be nice if Barber were. :)

12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

You're teasing mister Wheatley........;)

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

An awesome track would be the one in Quebec. Its a road course with some very fast balls-out sweepers and elevation changes. I remember CART/ChampCars raced there 7 or 8 years ago, they might have used a different layout due to the high speed nature/danger of some of the corners though, but I can't remember for sure. I believe F1 may have gone there back I the 70s or so.

Also, the street track in Quebec, Trois-Rivier, is awesome. I love bumpy/rough street tracks with low to medium speed open wheelers where the car is moving around a lot and it's extremely hard to drive fast without having to use constant correcting. Watch the Indy lights and Star Mazda at street tracks. Constant corrections especially on corner entry, but it's all controllable and natural to correct provided you have some skill and feel.

Mosport would be great too. It's still hardly unchanged at all from the 70s and still bumpy. I've been in a "school" type skip barber-type car on Mosport. Beautiful track.

14. boxer

boxer Registered

+1000

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Meh, not with Barber. I tried and the lack of interest was a stumbling block. I'm very doubtful we'd ever get it. There's plenty of nice tracks who want to be in at the moment.

18. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Ah, what a shame :(
    The last part sounds good though :cool:

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

someone could always convert it from rf1 in the meantime.... hint hint!

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It already has been converted.