Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Don't worry, I believe you for just this one time. Mainly because on the other side of the channel (well, bit higher) in the Netherlands it is way to hot as well (especially with the humidity levels we have here, and in the UK as well I assume). I am still inside though..... I am at work.....

2. Justy

Justy Registered

Hehe yes! Some friends of mine just got back from a trance music festival, just outside Zandvoort, (yes I'm green with envy). From the sounds of things they had excellent weather too.

As for working in this heat, I do not envy you one bit! I've just finished for the day and am off out to enjoy the weather while it lasts, I hope you will be soon.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

When did the track owners suddenly get the money to fix up the place? Looks almost like a current F1 manicured track now. If they have removed all the character from the track, especially the realistic rough spots in the surface, as part of the process of fixing all the graphical glitches (needed), I'll have to keep the old one installed. First time I would have ever done that for ISI content.

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I don't get it.
    Are you dissatisfied with the fact that the track now looks like this irl, or that ISI chose to make their rendition of the track look like what it does irl?

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's supposed to be Estoril in 2009. Which one is closer to authentic--the original or v2.0? I appreciate the technical updates because this has always been my go-to test track in rF2 and they were desperately needed, but I believe the condition of the road surface and curbs and other track-side objects was closer to reality in the old version. Either way, it looked closer to reality of a track of this stature. I really hate the antiseptic, just painted five minutes before we're driving on it look because that pretty much never happens in real life and if it does, it's gone after a couple of laps never to return for several years because everything is immediately marked-up with rubber scuffs. Not real road rubber, but actual scuffs that don't go away when it rains.

I've barely driven the new track--was only responding to the pics. It doesn't look brand new, but it looks a lot newer than v1.43. I'll have a grounded opinion once I solve an annoying AMD graphics issue.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You're starting to sound like a crazy person.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Perhaps so, but many agree with me. Just read any of the wide array of user reviews or comments about rF2 graphics.

Sorry, but feels3 tracks from years ago look more authentic/realistic/plausible than Portugal v.2. It's just an artistic preference, not a comment on the technical merits. I'm sure if ISI agreed, they would have hired him. Now R3E is getting authentic-looking tracks...too bad the sim isn't so appealing to go with them.

But either v1.43 was artificially grimy and "used" looking, or v2.00 is artificially antiseptic. Which is it, since the real track in 2009 wasn't both?

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Actually it probably was, like most tracks. The kerbs especially tend to be all bright and shiny for big events, and get worn and dull at other times. Videos of MotoGP 2009 at Estoril have very brightly painted kerbs, more than any of the rF2 track versions.

*An example of this I've seen is Monza, which I brought up in google streetview once to check a particular part of the track to help solve a fence issue I was having for a league race, and I could barely believe it was a currently used race track just with the condition of the kerbs and roadside. But there it is every year on TV for the F1 race, looking pretty flash...

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You guys are arguing over kerb conditions?!

JUST DRIVE THE FLIPPING TRACK! :p

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This x 1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

14. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Apparently (and surprisingly) all of the other rF2 dead horses have been beaten.....

15. Minibull

Minibull Member

Whatever Pinocchio, they'll find a shovel and dig some of them up again...XD

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

port looks way better now ( it was pretty decent before ) ,

but put all that looks stuff to the side, it is ( as it always has been ) a fantastic track to use for many sim-cars

don't worry to much about trivia that you shouldn't be noticing as your driving around anyhow, just enjoy it

17. stonec

stonec Registered

Well it's not surprising that tracks are similar in R3E since they hired feels3. Wish ISI had done that when he was still around on these forums. Nothing to complain with current track team, but he was very talented for sure, curbs and trackside grass blend amazingly in Poznan.

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Sector 3 Studios has a VERY talented track crew and it's not just feels3, but also com8 and one or two others. ISI has a talented crew, too, but it's smaller. Yes, I eventually bought into R3E due to the excellent content packages with consistent art... simwise, rF2 is better, but how else are you going to visit new tracks by feels3 & com8? ;)

19. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I understand what Marc is saying. I share is opinion too. All the tracks done by ISI would look 200% better only by not have a flat asphalt texture on it. Roads are never so clean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He is just looking for perfection as must of us are too. The track is good but could be better in some points. As I told countless times these days good visuals create imersion too its not physics that matter in my opinion. It must be a full package.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't want flawless looking tracks either, even if real tracks do sometimes look like that.

What I don't agree with are the majority of assertions Marc is making about how a 2009 version (if that's what it was, and continues to be) should look.

However, that's his opinion and while I don't agree that's also only my opinion. I should have kept my mouth shut.