Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Some of us hardly care about new content (tracks and cars) but anticipate new builds/updates with excitement because we care about "core" coding/programming updates. That's what makes a product/game what it is, not some list of tracks and cars.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

as usual spinelli

I totally agree

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Exactly. :)

5. schigara

schigara Registered

You damn skippy! ;)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I am always eager for certain content but also to see improvements, refinements or additions to the core. Always love a long changelog.

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

No for me is the 70s and 80s best era of motorsport, and that does not make me or anyone else who feels like I do unskilled driver. Get rid of the big selfishness you seem to have. You do not know anything about who is skilled or not.

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

You are still misunderstanding me. When I say "anything" I mean NOT something specific. When you say 70s and 80s that is specific.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Nobody. But almost everyone says they do, which is why you get the silly car lists on console games, and PC sims trying to mimic the same thing.

And to think, I was perfectly happy, insanely happy, with 7 cars and 11 tracks in 1998 with GPL, and I think SCGT only shipped with a similar number of tracks.

10. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

One of the many reasons I quit console racers was the 'different car, different track every 5 minutes' design philosophy. In rF2, I'll quite happily spend an entire weekend on one combo.

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes you are right. I think rFactor2 was meant to be that ISI provides samples of as many cars as they can so that the modders have a basis on which to work.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well if you go back to Indianapolis 500 (the game), I remember spending days doing a setup click here and a setup click there, then my friends came along and within 20 mins had tried the 3 cars (3? Do I remember right?), put each of them against a wall both solo and in a race, and wanted to go back to hack 'n slash games. Simming takes a certain type of person.

I think your main mistake was saying "unskilled". There are plenty of very quick racers who also have no patience.

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

100% bang on. I have no patience at all, so I always try and lap as quickly as possible, get them over and done with. Why drag out a lap to 1 hour long?
    Probably the wrong way to go about this racing business I guess, but oh well.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Very few people seem to have an open mind about cars they aren't already familiar with. They have their minds set to one particular car or type of car, and pretty much ignores everything else.

I was like that too a few years ago, I thought sim racing for me would be all about formula cars. I hardly knew any of the cars in rF2 when I joined two years ago, and to start with few of them actually interested me.

But I feel life is too short to just sit around waiting for stuff. Instead I much rather dive into cars I know nothing about and learn to love them. Rid myself of negative preconceived notions like, that car is slow and boring, this car looks silly, etc etc.

I love every car in rF2 and I still feel as if I need much more time with all of them, learn all there is to learn. I don't have a second to spare sitting around waiting for stuff to be released. :D

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I agree, but I still find myself not wanting to drive a car if I don't like the paintjob! :D

16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I don't understand. Patience for what?

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

To improve their Skills to a specific Car/Track Combo, before giving up and jump to the next one or whining about missing new Cars & Tracks :D

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I think some people have so completely lost touch with (or never even knew what it was to begin with) what it means to sim race that they should consider another hobby. They can argue all they want but the fact remains that they will never be satisfied spending an hour on a combo. That's just a joke.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

100% agreed...

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Others have answered, but the reason I said 'unskilled' is a bad word is because you will find some drivers are several seconds off the pace but quite content to do lap after lap after lap in a single car/track combo. They're doing the same amount of work as the fastest guys, finding a tenth here and a tenth there, tweaking their setup, and they'll come back hours each day to do it all again. But you could consider them unskilled because they don't see the mistakes they're making (lap after lap after lap...) or they think finding the magic setup will gain them 2 seconds if they can just find it.

You also risk offending people who happen to like more variety by suggesting they're unskilled.

So I think I probably agree with what you're saying, but with different words.