Time setting for multiplayer

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by hossians, Sep 14, 2016.

1. hossians

hossians Registered

Hi

I'm struggleing to control the time for the different sessions.
    There are some settings in the player file where I can set time after midnight, but that one can not differ between Practice1 and 2. If I set the settings to -1 it is supposed to pick the time from the rfm file according to the comments. But when I do that it picks the time from the track's gdb file instead. I can update the gdb files and do custom version (components)for every track but that feels like the wrong way to go, giving a lot of special components. Is there a way to force it to pick the time from the rfm file?
    There was a thread saying that in contrast to the gdb file it should be minutes after midnight in the rfm file, but that didn't help.

Is there anyone here that feels they are in control of time :p ?

/Henrik

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah I think -1 is using the track default (GDB) rather than RFM. I'm pretty sure (haven't tested it since long though) that you can just straight up set the time in the server player file, for example put there 120 instead of -1 and it will set the session time 120 minutes past midnight.

3. hossians

hossians Registered

Thank you for the confirmation. The issue is that the time in the player file can not overridden for every session, in this case Practice2 can not be set via the player file which give odd results with jumping time.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have you tried using the player.JSON to set the P1 time and then the .rfm to set the P2?

5. hossians

hossians Registered

Interesting thought, don't you think it will then pick P1 from the player and P2 from gdb? I will anyway test tonight.

/Henrik

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah this is how my league is doing it, it has been a problem ever since rF1 because as you say, practice 2 times can only be edited in the GDB. We totally stopped using practice 2 session partly due to this.

7. hossians

hossians Registered

Yeah, P2 was picked from the gdb file. Gave up and updated the gdb file :(

We are running 3 races, is there a way to set the start time for race 2 and 3?
    Until now I have used the admin command fowardseconds to get start time for race2 two hours later and race 3 five hours later, the biggest drawback is that it is not possible to get correct time for warmup 2 and 3. If I use fowardseconds in warmup, the warmup ends...

/H