Thrustmaster TX and limiting wheel range.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Aleksi Elomaa, May 5, 2014.

1. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

I bought this wheel last week and I am having some problems in rF2. When I have G25 wheel connected to my PC (I need it for shifter) limiting wheel range / vehicle set doesn't work with TX, it does work fine when G25 is unplugged. Does anyone know if it's possible to make it work without unplugging G25 (not an option) or going to Control Panel and change rotation to whatever the real car has (not an option)?

My Devices are listed in Controller.ini in this order:
    1. G25 Pedals (Bodnar cable btw)
    2. G25 Wheel
    3. Thrustmaster TX

Oh I am on Windows 8.1 64-bit if it makes any difference.

2. RJames

RJames Registered

I think with 2 wheels plugged in your always going to have issues.

Have you tried disabling the G25 wheel in control panel if unplugging it is not a option?

Edit: On a slightly separate note, how are you finding the TX feeling from the G25? I'm thinking of replacing my aging G25 with the TX but not seen many real reviews.

3. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

Wouldn't disabling G25 pretty much do the same as unplugging? I might try it later on.

For me TX has been the best feeling wheel I have tried so far, and I have tried T500RS and CSW. The default rim doesn't wheel very high quality, but it's very light which is good for FFB. Though I don't expect this wheel work too long before breaking, in the end it's a Thrustmaster product. But yeah, ffb of this wheel is very good imo compared to other belt driven wheels I have tried.

4. RJames

RJames Registered

Disabling would be the same as unplugging yes, sorry when you mentioned unplugging was not a option i suspected it was a physical restriction. If it's the case you need the G25 on for some reason then I do think it will get more tricky, i suspect rF2 will have issues with 2 wheel devices plugged in at once. Maybe @timweatley could shed some more light.

Thanks for the info on the TX, I think if i was to pick one up id get the 458 GTE wheel to go with it as I've heard the default wheel is almost toy like.