Thrustmaster T300 RS issues.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by green serpent, Dec 26, 2017.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Hey guys,

Had my wheel for only a few months and I'm having an issue with it. Was playing rF2, the ffb all of a sudden went a bit limp with reduced force. The ffb forces didn't get any stronger by increasing car specific multi. Also was getting fairly random, extremely fast self centering forces. After rebooting my pc this odd behavior occurd (see video).

If I turn the wheel to the right and let go, a slow self centering force brings it back to center, however if i turn the steering to the left and let go, a much faster force brings it back to center.

Probably just going to take it back to the store I bought it from I guess.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Video doesn't work. (This Video is unavailable) message.
    There is a firmware update for this wheel. 2017_TTRS_6. Oddly enough firmware can brake. Remember to follow the install instruction. You need to install the firmware before connecting the wheel! Very important because Windows will try to install a driver for it. Don't want that.

Sometimes pulling the USB and try a different one can fix things. Also a USB driver update may help.

Try a fresh driver install before taking it back.

3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Are you using windows 10,I had something similar after one of the latest updates of windows 10,I reinstalled the driver and everything was fine

4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I'm using windows 7. Okay, I'm going to unplug the wheel, uninstall everything and start fresh. Thanks for the advice, fingers crossed.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Hey guys,
    I returned my T300 RS and got my money refunded. I'm pretty hard on my wheel with the amount of use it gets plus doing the odd drift session, and I feel like if I got another Thrustmaster it would always be in the back of my mind that I have to baby it so it doesn't break. I'm fairly certain I want to get a Fanatec CSL Elite. Does anyone know if this base can stand up to pretty heavy abuse, or like Thrustmaster, does Fanatec have a reputation for reliability issues?

Also, I'm actually rather enjoying going back to the 'ol clunky G27... I kind of miss the violent rattling lol. Does anyone know if I can dial in a small deadzone in the ffb? Kind of like the opposite of minimum force? I want to be able to jack up the ffb without the gears trying to annihilate each other around the center. I know I can put a deadzone in the steering axis, but this doesn't fix the gnashing of said gears.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a rad holiday session and has a good new years!

6. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

I could never go back to a G29/G27 after getting a T300, just does not feel in the same league.

Incidentally the upgrade from a G27/G29 was because the former had broken and it was a swap in the store I purchased it as the G27 had been discontinued.

G29 also faired a similar fate and would lose the centre point with FFB.

So far so good with my T300, that's secondhand and still going strong :)

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If you want hardness OSW is the option

I have a tx300 and it's going very well, it's just a matter of configuration, to keep it going back to the center to 70% goes to luxury

8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I liked returning to my old and trusted dfgt,I will never get rid of it because it’s a brilliant back up wheel

juanchioooo likes this.