Thrustmaster T300 FFB Settings

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by VonMuenchen, May 10, 2019.

1. VonMuenchen

VonMuenchen Registered

Hey community,

I'm looking for something like the "Jack Spade Files" from PCars2. Is there something similar for rFactor 2?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have you played rF2 much yet? As far as I've seen the PCars files you're referring to are mostly about taking its FFB back to more raw feeling, as PCars (like many mainstream driving games) isn't aimed at sim enthusiasts and has FFB to suit.

rF2 should feel pretty good with standard settings. Anything in particular you're hoping to achieve/change/fix?

3. Juwe Lahann

Juwe Lahann Registered

If you don't like the standard ffb I would recommend to read and try this (too lazy to write it again :) ) :
    https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rf2-reiza-dlc-released.166674/page-6#post-2943783

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rf2-reiza-dlc-released.166674/page-7#post-2944766

You should test steering resistance coefficient between -1.0 and -0.6 and see what fits you best.
    I remember a T300 user saying -1.0 being good for him. I have T500 at -0.7.
    That special T500 link in the link could be helpful for you too. Its explaining it more precisly, although you would have to set different torque settings in the user/controller.json. As @Lazza already said, FFB should be good out of the box with T300 pre-settings, but if you feel comfortable with fiddling around in .json files you maybe should try that.

4. VonMuenchen

VonMuenchen Registered

I would like to get a more sensitive FFB.

5. Juwe Lahann

Juwe Lahann Registered

EDIT: I was wrong. T300 user said "steering resistance coefficient" set to -0.6 in controller.json is good. -1.0 was a T150 user.

What are your "ffb smoothing" and "ffb min. torque" settings in rf2 controller options?
    Maybe @mantasisg can help you with t300 settings.

LokiD likes this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I'm not FFB guru, or anything. I use close to default settings. I mostly rely on the information that was already available in this forum.

I use no ffb smoothing, and 2-3percent of minimum torque.

pC2 has entirely different vehicle dynamics, FFB has nothing to do with it. I also never tried any of Jack Spades stuff, but I doubt that his setting could somehow make pc2 to be good.

Lastly, most people has zero idea what FFB should be like in the first place. But it is a tricky thing to discuss, because of classic "but have you drove it in real life?".

Juwe Lahann and LokiD like this.
  7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@VonMuenchen

These settings are really awesome for a low end steering wheel like the T300.

ALL parameters count, if you modify a parameter, the whole is modified and will be inadequate.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ffb-settings-for-t300.61966/

" I propose my settings for the T300, A COMPROMISE BETWEEN GOOD SENSATIONS AND LOW CLIPPING :

PROFILER THRUSTMASTER
    - Overall forces = 100%
    - Contant and Periodic = 100%
    - Spring and Damper = 0%

INGAME
    - Filter = 0 (OFF)
    - Vehicle set = yes
    - FFB MULTI FOR 99% of the cars = 0.85 (For some rather rare cars it will be necessary to lower the value. 0.85 is suitable for 99% of cars. By opening the "All vehicles" file, using the "replace by" function, you can do it for all cars at one time.)
    - FFB Min Torque : 3% (in the controller.json).

Controller.json
    Off-road multiplier = 1 (100%) for all modern wheels exept G27 etc. "

davehenrie likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have the TS-PC Racer, which is slightly newer and stronger than the T-500. But using the T-500 FFB tweeks linked by Juwe up above, I really started liking the 'feel.' There is just the tiniest bit of vibration(NOT flat spot) that seems natural. Thanks to all above with your suggestions. I had tried some of this before, but lost most of it with my various hardware issue. Best feeling from a GT3 car I've experienced.

Juwe Lahann likes this.