Thrustmaster Owners Info Request

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Jamie Shorting, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Can some Thrustmaster wheel owners post their Tm control panel settings? I'm new to TM and I don't have much experience with those settings or what they mean. Thanks. I have a Tx btw.

2. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Thanks for the link mate. Too bad nobody wants to help. His settings gave me a starting point anyways. Thanks again. ;)

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Didn't saw your post in time, here my settings for my T500RS from an old screenshot. I think I'm running at 60% now on first setting to avoid clipping:
    View attachment 15314

5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Not sure what you are looking for here, and I guess most people here have a T500, not TX.

Long story short: 60%, 100%, 100%, 0%, 0%, 12%, game decides.

I personally settled on 70% and after lots of experimentation with periodic and spring forces amounts (the 0% ones) I concluded that one of these control the weight of the steering, don't remember which. I use 0% BTW.

If you like heavier steering (some would say self - centering) crank that spring force, but beware! You will have more "realistic" steering but you will lose perception of FFB details, so it's a trade-off. IMHO.

There's a Formula 2 discussion you don't want to miss if you're interested in this stuff.

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Hi Jamie, i know you are one of those of the opinion, we all would have placebo with the ffb tuning, but i still like to share my settings with you, which work well in combination with the json editing.

Controle panel: 100% - 100% - 100% - 0% - 0% - Self centering not by the game - 0%

You just need to optimize and use lower car multis. Edited lines of my json for that base below. This optimizing was done with the Fiat 695EVO and the car feels much better as with the standard ffb setup.

"Force Feedback":{
    "Steering resistance coefficient":0,
    "Steering resistance coefficient#":"Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0",
    "Steering resistance saturation":0,
    "Steering resistance saturation#":"Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0",
    "Steering resistance type":0,
    "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",
    "Steering spring coefficient":0,
    "Steering spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering spring saturation":0,
    "Steering spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering torque capability":11,
    "Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)",
    "Steering torque minimum":0.009,
    "Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",
    "Steering torque per-vehicle mult":0.3,
    "Steering torque per-vehicle mult#":"Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)",
    "Steering torque sensitivity":1.7,
    "Steering torque sensitivity#":"Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high",
    "Steering torque zero-speed mult":0,
    "Steering torque zero-speed mult#":"Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque",

The STC value of 11 is a test variable but it feels much more natural than with the standard value somehow.

The STM value of 0.009 is the optimal value for the e-motor of the t500rs. Maybe you like to try a value between 0.007-0.01 but i think 0.009-0.01 is the optimal setup.

The STS value of 1.7-1.8 feels the most accurat in combination with the t500rs in my opinion, but it requieres the use of low car multis in combination with the 100% overall strength setting of the controle panel.

The STZS i use at 0 because it helps to balance the ffb in combination with the STM and let me feel little details while standing, such as increasing/decreasing friction by the e-motor without that the static effect distorted anything. Meanwhile i could set a value and optimize it but i don't worry about it for now. Maybe you like to leave it standard.

Feel free to use it or not. I for one can just say this changes the whole rf2 FWD ( still have to test RWD with this setup ) driving experience for me. Very important is to set to find the hotspot of the car multis. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
  7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks, going to try these and add them to my FFB library :)