Throttle issues, car accelerating far slower than it's supposed to.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by nurogize, Jul 19, 2018.

1. nurogize

nurogize Registered

I've spent over the past week hotlapping with the Corvette GT2 on a circuit; over 500 laps.

Now the issue:
    On corners where I'm usually in 6th gear, now instead it's in 4th gear. The AI that I practice with, pass me, as if I'm a car in the lower class. I've even reverted to default setups and it's still occuring.

I let the AI drive the car for me by pressing the 'I' key, and their rate of acceleration goes up dramatically, and they're in the gear I WAS at before this issue occurred.

I've also gone to the control setup, and the pedals sensitivity are set and seem to be fucntioning.

Also, the steering help driving aid keeps turning itself back when ever I change the 'Wheel Range'.

Edit:
    It turns out the brake and clutch sensitivity 'min' values were set with the these pedals slightly pushed down. Again, I did not ever change the these controller settings, and as I've said before, the steering help keeps re-enabling itself. Yesterday it was at high.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Ruben Miranda likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like the calibration went out or something. 'Set min' with the pedal pressed would give you more deadzone, not less. I think what you describe the game itself can't do. Make sure you let the wheel calibrate properly - I can't quite remember the process with Logitech wheels, with thrustmaster they say don't touch the pedals until the wheel calibrates (spins itself around) as it will wreck the calibration.

As for steering help, go to Options -> Controls -> Aids, click on Steering Help, and press Esc. That way you can't accidentally change it with the keyboard - it's really easy to accidentally hit it and not realise (seems like every 3 days someone on here or discord has steering issues, and it turns out to be steering help). If you ever want to use it (and you won't) you can do so from the difficulty menu. That will at least rule it out as a potential cause.

nurogize and JimmyT like this.
  3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I had a similar problem some time ago with a different setting (can't remember which now) but found I had a button sticking so when I moved other settings (like seat or lights etc) it would adjust some random thing like your steering help.
    It would be worth checking that you haven't got a dodgy button somewhere.