Throttle bug, hypersensitive throttle

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by eRacer_, Jul 3, 2020.

1. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

Hi there, I just installed the game and I have a problem, when I put my foot down the car will rev normally up to aprox 4000 rpm in 1st gear and from there the rpm peak like crazy in all gears and the car goes up to 150 kmh no matter what gear I use. I have tried with different cars and all had the same problem. My top speed is that in any car, and all of them rev up like crazy.

Please help.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

configure your throttle pedal in the options. Press and hold the throttle to it's maximum travel then press (while holding) the max button. Release the pedal and press the MIN button. You should see a / straight angled line from bottom left to upper right. You can modify the line into a curve with the slider. If you curve the line so that it stays low on the graph as it moves right, that will removed the instant on throttle, if you feel your throttle is not responding quick enough, bend the curve into a steeper initial climb.

eRacer_ likes this.
  3. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

Million thanks for taking the time to explain. But... I can't find what you mean. Sorry, I'm new in this sim (less than 24 h actually) and these menus are a bit confusing. The only part I understand so far is the setup area.
    Mind sharing a quick screenshot?:(

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Have you turned off the pit lane speed limiter? Usually it default to the L key.

5. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

Yes, I have turned it down. How can I aces the minimn/maximum setting?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Settings -> Controls. You'll see a graph moving when you press throttle. The buttons are under it.

What controller do you have?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I can't really use screen shots due to not having a wheel right now. It will probably be August b4 I can actually race again. But here are the 3 screenies for the new UI (open Beta) that will guide you to the calibration screen. You want to do this B4 loading a car and track.
    These are images from the new UI, the old brown UI is different.

Upper right corner click on the gear Icon.
    upload_2020-7-3_14-21-4.png
    Next click on the calibrate menu
    upload_2020-7-3_14-22-17.png
    Finally follow the steps I posted earlier about calibrating the min and max throttle settings. repeat for all the pedals. Wheel calibrates by rotating the wheel to it's full lock left and holding it there while you press the set max left button. Then rotate right and hold at it's maximum travel while you press set max right, and then center the wheel and press the center button.
    upload_2020-7-3_14-25-42.png

eRacer_ likes this.
  8. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

fixed!! Million thanks!!

now.... how do I acces the new UI?

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In Steam choose the Public Beta. Right click on the rfactor2 icon in your steam library, then properties, then choose the beta tab, and finally use the drop down box to choose : public beta.
    To revert back to the old UI, just chose the None, OPT OUT option.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    eRacer_ likes this.
  10. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

Thank you. Done. What a difference!