Thoughts on laser scanned cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patchedupdemon, Aug 4, 2018.

?

Would you prefer laser scanned official cars

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Depco

Depco Registered

Laser scanned car Interiors are completely unnecessary. Best to use those resources for laser scanned tracks

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Agreed,I no longer try to match the wheel with my wheel,I now try to get my seating position correct by visually moving the seat so it seems the back of my head will be on the head rest,and so to the height of my head.
    But still,I’m either too low I can’t see over the dash,like in the Bentley gt3,or I’m way too close to the windshield the mirrors are in am very obscure position.

I just wondered why this is the case on rf2,while In other sims I get better cockpit views with the same setting up technique as above,or just trying to align the very top of the incar wheel with my t300 wheel.

Thanks for you’re input

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@patchedupdemon You might try adjusting the Pitch (Shift+FOV inputs, in your controls settings) for each car to see if that helps. I also wouldn't wholly trust the headrest height.

But differences like this tend to be more noticeable on a screen. In real life the way you look out the windscreen can change quite a bit from car to car (considering your distance from the wheel is dictated largely by your leg length, and in older cars height adjustment isn't an option) but you barely even notice. On a screen having a quarter of it dedicated to showing the ceiling, or the gauges & wheel nearly blocking your view of apexes, is much more noticeable.