Those of you who helped Gjon with purchase testing (and may have paid)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 88mphTim, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

??????

You're making no sense.

We've been given early access to the content files to reduce the drain that would otherwise occur when the content was released at the same time as the beta (in fact they did the initial 'release' via torrent, which is a good way to reduce the drain in itself, but some people seem reluctant to use torrents so I guess this way they can stagger torrents and solid links...).

The beta release is obviously 'imminent', and I don't know why you're questioning this; the payment system testing has been done, presumably it now works (no one has said otherwise, in fact they've said they're now just doing the RC testing), so when the RC is confirmed solid they'll switch on the payment system and release the beta.

So, the open beta (open to anyone, beta because it's not the '1.0 release', not free because they decided not to make it free - keeps some of the idiots out for one thing, at least anyone giving feedback actually cares enough to pay for it, and also helps with anti-piracy given that the beta is largely the finished product with less content and polish) will be released very very soon at which point we'll buy able to buy it.

I don't see the issue here.

2. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Hmm, it's English if that helps..

I guess we will just have to wait and see how imminent the rest of the 'beta' really is then.

3. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

We have all the files except the little 10 meg .exe so I'm guessing very.

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

We do? I'd thought there'd be a buttload of other files apart from the rf2.exe and rfmod files...

5. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Back on Topic.

Assuming you guys have been on holidays I will give Gjon till end of next week before contacting him (unless of course it is out soon).

The amount that was tested was minimal so quite happy to pay the full amount for the game, as long as I have no problems either creating an account or buying it though the account created via testing :)

6. Joel Nelson

Joel Nelson Registered

If you need any additional folks jumping in to help with the beta purchase testing, let me know. Credit card is at the ready.

7. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

here too, paypal or moneybookers ! ready for testing:D:cool:

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Actually, the installer is more like 500MB. If you download the rfmod files you only have car and track content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.