This is the most 'rF2 like' onboard moment I've seen.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by green serpent, May 4, 2021.

1. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

Assetto Corsa, one of the old Porsches but not sure which one I used.

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

So that is not rF2 ? I have been tricked into thinking that it is rF2. By the way, nice not to know who makes stuff that you use :D But I believe by now there might be multiple versions of it, and people who just pump on all the mods they can find will never know what the hell they are using.

3. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

I didn't say that I don't know the maker, I said I don't remember which particular Porsche I used. AC official content in itself has about 200 cars already.

It's funny though, that you thought it was RF2, and started fanboying immediately after learning that it's AC. "OMG pump mods, you dont know what the hell omg"

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Ef123 Since you can't hold a normal forum like discussion. I'll guess myself that it is most likely a 912R by Stereo.

And you are an idiot.

5. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I don't think he was fanboying. And it's not like he's on the AC forums posting rF2 videos or anything ;)

6. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

Classic RF2 fanboy hates himself now, because he just said "AC is pretty good" because I purposefully removed any kind of identification marks from the video. He actually assumed it was AC first, because graphics are just amazing, but he thought "Maybe he's using some RF2 mod, If I bash this and it turns out to be RF2, I will feel bad :(" Immediately after learning that it's AC, he started talking shit, like an idiot fanboy.

And yes you can't imitate that behaviour in RF2. The reason you're writing 10 paragraph comments is because you're trying to justify something.

"Guys agree with me rf2 has best physics 4evar. Like my comment!!11! That's why everytime I drive it, I doubt myself and come here. Have a quick talk about how "great" rf2 physics are in our circle, and I feel a lot better."

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I didn't pay much attention to visuals as I was very focused in observing how the car was driven, and its handling. I also quickly assumed that it was an AC SPA rip in rF2. I can live with this mistake, much worse is your efforts to stir some conflicts and troubles around here. It doesn't look if you are actually interested in the physics of those particular cars more than just fanboying yourself.

And as for my opinion about AC. I have clocked over 2000 hours in it (the same as I have in rF2), I also spent years of modding in AC (I do that in rF2 too). I have had incredible amount of joy in AC, but I moved on to rF2 mostly because I wanted more of the physics, also because it is still actively officially developed and has a lot more potential. It is not my fault you have absolutely no clue about vehicle physics and try to claim something. Also I don't care what you think about who is fanboy or not, a lot of most die hard rF2 supporters hates me for talking much, similar as it happened to me in AC, I just don't care anymore about that kindergarten stuff - it is waste of time. Grow up...

8. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

Really, what mods did you do for AC. Name a few. Or just one.

And yes you're a fanboy. If it was RF2 in the clip, you'd say entirely different thing instead of some meaningless and pointless "what the hell omg mods pumps omg".

RF2 has more potential? Lets see, RF2 was out before AC was even a thing. AC got released, got tons of DLC and improvements till tyre model 1 to 10, it's completed to an extremely satisfying quality, still being developed by modders, has incredible mods, it looks better than RF2, doesn't have setup flaws, loads the tracks much faster than RF2 on same equipment, even the original AC launcher is better than RF2's both old and new launchers, and RF2 is the one with more potential? Lol. Where's that potential for the last 10 years?

Kunos will come up with AC2 before RF2 gets that so called "potential" out. And you will have written another thousand walls of text to prove to yourself why "RF2 better than AC2", while AC already being better than RF2, like since 5 years ago, and ACC being better in changing conditions and GT3-4 simulation. And obviously graphics, interface, loading times etc.

9. green serpent

green serpent Registered

@Ef123 mate what is your deal? I've heard you make the same point ten times now on different threads and it's getting tiresome. What are you actually trying to achieve? There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, but you're being needlessly antagonistic.

Most or at least many of the people on this forum don't hate AC and actually think it's quite good, probably better than rF2 in many aspects. We just (generally) think that rF2 feels better to drive, and has a better feeling tire model (despite obvious flaws). None of us are scientists or software engineers or professional racing car drivers (okay maybe some of us are) so everything we are saying is ultimately subjective to some degree or another. Your view on AC or rF2 is no more valid than anyone else's opinion on this forum. None of us are idiots, if there was 100% objective science based evidence that one sim is better than another physics wise, then maybe your argument would hold water, but it still wouldn't excuse talking to people without respect. Your view is just as subjective as everyone elses, so maybe enter the conversation with a bit of humility?

You're calling people idiot fanboys when what they said wasn't fanboyism at all, while at the same time fanboying hard for AC. Can you seriously not see your own hypocrisy?

One other thing, the user base of rF2 is not a bunch of kids, most of us are over 35 and some of us are like 60+. We've been around for a while and played a lot of different sims. This is specualtion on my part, but I think the average rF2 player is older than the average AC player, and has played more of AC and other sims in years gone by than AC players have played rF2. I'm not saying that to seem like older people have more authority, what I think is that rF2 players have played a lot of different sims for many years, and they have a good understanding of what they enjoy, and rF2 simply fits their tastes better and their perception of how a car should feel.

In saying all that, even if someone is a fanboy, who really cares, just as long as they don't denigrate others and are respectful in their communication, they can fanboy all they want in my opinion.

gt911, Sim_Player and Nieubermesch like this.
  10. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I really enjoyed this onboard. Subjectively speaking, this looks pretty spot on compared to the handling of the Cortina in the workshop. It seems to "hop" into little oversteer moments mid corner. Hard to describe the behaviour but if you've the car a lot you would know what I mean and see the resemblance.

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have the mod, haven't driven it for a long time now, but as far as I remember for the things that the car should do, that mod does achieve lots of that. I guess I know what you mean, the hop into oversteer, is most likely snap oversteer, when understeer quickly switches into oversteer or/and rather load sensitive small tires reacting to slightest accelerations. Such a fun car, and that track looks awesome too, I love them raw and oldschool.

green serpent likes this.
  12. green serpent

green serpent Registered

It took me a few laps to realise that I have driven on the track many times, in iracing. It's a pretty fun track.