This forum

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General discussion (Discussioni)' started by 88mphTim, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hi folks,

Just a fair warning that if this forum becomes more a hindrance than a benefit, it will be removed.

I know from experience that Italians can be a passionate people. They love their racing and they are loyal to their beliefs. But if these things cause a constant bickering, then these things are not being handled correctly both by moderation and by you posting in those ways.

Max didn't handle himself well this morning either, and as such is currently banned from access completely. Without him here, you guys need to be calm and not let your passion overwhelm the respect you give each other. When Max returns, you need to do the same for him, and he needs to do the same for you.

I don't have to read as many post reports about the whole rest of the forum than I do about this one. This forum is here because I think Max asked for it. He will not want it removed, but if I think it's too much, I'll do it anyway. Please don't make me, it would be sad for your community.

Thanks,

Tim

2. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

the problem is that there are certain people that are in this section, to denigrate RF2, and promote Assetto Corsa.
    They do it deliberately.
    It would be a shame if you have to remove this section, because of a limited number of people do this.
    At the end they are getting their objective.
    I hope that Max will be back soon to continue working together in this section.

Babs

3. 88mphTim

Yes, I realize that as well. But this happens on every site with whatever sim.

It's just a shame that while developers can love what each other do, those people cannot.

4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

+1

5. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I agree Tim

Babs

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This Babs! I think that there are a sorte of war in this forum! many people that comes here only to promote AC and speak ill about rf2!
    Personally I know something( that also Max knows), but I can't say it publicly!

7. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

do not worry that I also know.

Babs:)

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I didn't know about this problem until today but for what it is being posted it is not difficult to figure out what is going on.

I don't think that it would be a good idea to close this subforum since I think the problem would be not be solved at all. They would just move to another forum and would have achieved their first goal. AC is an italian product and it is normal that the people that are leading this crap appear in this subforum first. However italian rf2 supporters have all the moral rights to have their place. Especially considering ISR and the great role they are doing promoting our sim.

I think that Isi and especially Tim need to act calm and wise and ban one by one those people doing it. You don't need to provide any kind of explanation for that and the easier you take the more angry you will get them. If we dont pay much attention to their crap they will finally get tired.... Some day, hopefully, AC will also get out and then we all will be able to compare and post our opinion about them.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

9. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Geesus children .. grow up, always so much drama.

[​IMG]

10. Carra

Carra Registered

hi Tim, I fully agree with Babs, shouldn't pay a lot of passionate people for few stupid people's blame!
    max is doing a very good job here, he's always available to listen and help all people.
    he demand only a correct and respectful behavior, which I also agree

11. Big Engine

Big Engine Registered

Everything absolutely agreeable. Expecially with those who are saying that using this section to advertise other products is quite stupid (making comparisons is good but there is a limit). But please note that the borderline situation on this forum is also created by the fact that express any kind of concern about rf2 on this forum is very hard. Many people like me aren't happy with the current development of rf2 and are using the forum to express their idea about what should be better and what is not working. But doing it always bring to a very hard contrast with other users and from the moderation, that instead of keeping the discussion in order, continually threatens to ban or block account those who express different ideas. Also the new rules of the section are very bad cause they are written to leave in the hands of the mod the opportunity to decide if an idea is appropriate or not.

Now I understand that this section exists primarily thanks to the work and efforts of max, but we are in the official ISI forum and I think that you, as a company, are supose to monitor that every opinion is welcome (untill is expressed in a civil way).

12. Ignazio

Ignazio Banned

Bravissimo! this is the real Problem Management Forum inflexible towards those users who ask questions for answers and not the threat of Ban!

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Of course but that's not the point. Never seen a ban due a constructive criticism here. Sorry never.

I don't know the hole story and I had never direct contact with Max Angelo but I've read tons of posts from Max Angelo and what I've seen he did made a really good job in this forum.
    If a smooth and cool dude like Max I use Tim's words "can not handle himself well" something went completely wrong here.
    We have all the same passion and of course we want more and more (me too) but try to get it again and again and if necessary with the jack hammer can not be the right way.
    IMHO people that try it on this way are against the hole community. This affects us all in a bad way not only ISI.
    I appreciate a harder approach against this people.

14. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

? Don't understand this idea that ISI don't like people criticising or asking questions. When I first joined I was always asking questions, moaning when I didn't like the answer, critiquing features I didn't like, moaning about the colours, the graphics etc. Tim would often reply, I didn't always like the answers but hey, I soon decided was my problem. Point is I was never banned, never threatened with a ban or even a time out. In fact this is a damn tough forum to get banned from, there are one or two folk I would have shown the door many times who get away with a mild telling off.

15. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

Ecco che ci facciamo, come sempre, riconoscere..

Ragazzi, è straziante il fatto che per colpa di qualche individuo ci debbano rimettere persone con grandi qualità che s'impegnano. Questa community non merita di essere chiusa per colpa di due o tre utenti che sanno comunicare solo in maniera arrogante e per nulla costruttiva!

Come si fa poi a criticare una persona come Max che è sempre stato disponibile con tutti, già solo il tempo materiale per scrivere tutti quei post è un impegno da non poco.

Tristezza tricolore :(

16. 88mphTim

The closing of the forum would be the calmest reaction possible based on the TIME the forum takes from people who could use it elsewhere. It's that simple. I think you're possibly misunderstanding, well, everything.

17. 88mphTim

Can you point out any place where questions have received the threat of a ban? Very curious now to see some example.

18. 88mphTim

Yeah, I'm starting to actually try to think of a situation where anyone was told anything vaguely related to banning based on them providing feedback or asking questions. And I don't mean where the someone was swearing and got threatened, or said something about the moderator, I mean where someone gave some kind of constructive feedback, and anyone had an issue with it?

There's folks I would have banned from RSC in a heartbeat who have done some pretty annoying things, but I'm not banning for 'annoying'. This is the most laid back forum I have ever been on or in, and it's my policy to moderate it to stay that way.

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes I do understand it takes a lot of time to moderate these situations. You can take the advise or not but do not treat me like if I were an idiot that dont understand things. If you think closing a forum for a few people spoiling it is the calmest reaction possible you are infravalorating the negative effects to say it nicely.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

20. 88mphTim

Really don't understand how I can make a post at a level of 0 out of 10, and you can come back with a post at 5. You're not being treated in any particular way. You didn't understand the primary reason on my side why this would be closed, I said so, and I stated that reason. It's a fact that you were misunderstanding, as in, you did not understand (and that was MY FAILING FOR NOT EXPLAINING - but you didn't even accept when I said you didn't understand due to it...) I didn't say you were too stupid or an idiot, or someone that COULDN'T understand. I said that you MISUNDERSTOOD. That word is VERY tame. If you're going to be offended by it's use, then you're misunderstanding what misunderstanding even means as well.

If you want to live your life in a continual state of anger and negativity as comes across in your posts, go ahead, but don't take it out on anyone else.

And closing the forum, as I JUST said, is nothing to do with calm in this situation. You want an analogy? It's like having a nice room, where people sit and talk to each other. Every so often, someone comes in and messes the room up. The next day, you have to tidy it. And again. And again. And again. It's nothing to do with it being a calm or angry reaction, sometimes you just don't have the time or energy to clean the graffiti off the walls anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.