"This e-mail address is already in use"

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by SandervS, Jan 10, 2012.

1. SandervS

SandervS Registered

Hi,

So I was really excited when I found out rFactor 2 install was online and downloaded it. Installed it. Then tried to create a pay-account. The commerce servers were struggling, but I kept trying.

This unfortunately led to the situation where I ended up in the account creation screen again, after the servers crashing on me while I was creating my account before. When I tried to create the account again, it said my e-mail address was already taken. Safe to assume my previous attempt somehow reserved the right to that e-mail address.
    I then tried to create the account with another e-mail address, with the idea of e-mailing you guys later to change the e-mail to my account, but this attempt failed in the later stage as well. So I probably already have two e-mail addresses I can't use to create my account anymore.

Is it possible for you guys to delete the accounts that I tried to make so I can retry it with my main e-mail address? Accounts have the same nickname that I have on these forums.

Regards,

Sander

2. Ensonic

Ensonic Registered

Please find a solution. Thats a really serious problem. :-(

3. Pasi Rahikainen

Pasi Rahikainen Registered

I guess you didn't see the "Sign in" tab? Right next to "Create Account" there is "Sign in", check the picture below. Create Account seems to be the default tab where it takes you but if you have already created account you should change to "Sign in" tab to login to your account instead of creating another account :)

http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/purchase2-480x380.png

4. SandervS

SandervS Registered

Thanks for the reply. It isn't working though lol. It's staying on the create account screen, not switching to sign-in.

5. Pasi Rahikainen

Pasi Rahikainen Registered

Ok..must be some other issue then because I could switch there and login when I noticed the tab after it said to me that my e-mail address was already taken.

6. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

Try logging in through manage account

7. Boyd

Boyd Registered

Once you've gotten past the create account portion (but it has hung up after that and before you could make payment), you cannot re-create an account. Sign-in works, and it then takes you to the next screen to select your payment vehicle.

8. SandervS

SandervS Registered

Well, sign-in worked now. Thanks for the assistance everyone. :)