They are selling the Nürburgring!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJStrack, Mar 13, 2013.

1. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Something is happening at the moment, which i feared for a long time:
    The Nürburgring is for sale...and not some pay-mod or something! I mean the real thing. GP track and Nordschleife...and all the stupid stuff they built around it over the last years.
    read more about it here: http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php/home/news/497-the-ring-is-for-sale-and-it-s-scaring-me
    I wonder what this will mean for the future of the 'ring, and also for sim-versions of the ring. Maybe new investors will be much more interested in marketing the licences themselves and hunting down those, who offer ring-mods for free without licence.
    What are you guys thinking on this?

2. lbird

lbird Registered

It is a shame that it came that far, but the damage is done already. Not that it wasn't foreseeable, lots of papers and articles have been written about that. The political parties involved qualified as complete and utter idiots. And if the bidders get the whole thing for the measley sum of 125 Mio. Euros, than somebody will hit the pot of gold there. The building of the new hotel and the other stupid stuff was estimated at 350 Mio. Euros alone. O tempora, o mores......