"Then and now" tracks

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MetalMania, Mar 14, 2017.

1. MetalMania

MetalMania Registered

I really enjoy the vintage tracks in RF2, but they obviously only feel "right" with similar vintage cars. I'd like to see modern versions of "Brianza", Belgium (I realize this would be a completely different course from whats currently in the game), and Monte Carlo - though that one might be "easiest" as the actual course is almost the same and I'm guessing many of the buildings are still the same. I don't want to underestimate the difficulty of modifying or scratch building a track though - I'm sure there's a lot of work involved.

Maybe a possible new addition could be Watkins Glen (Finger Lakes Speedway for a generic name?). Reading some track history, it appears that the primary course layout has been the same since the early 70's with the exception of the back straight chicane and "the boot" extension, and in reality has been host to many of the car classes currently represented in RF2 - from 60's to modern. It could be a "realistic" circuit for all of the major types already in the sim.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

3. stonec

stonec Registered

It's not so much about the work as it is about licenses. If ISI had the full track license, I'm pretty sure they would already have done the modern versions as well, as it makes little sense not to do it when you have half the material ready. ISI used names as "Brianza" for the historic Monza, which suggests to me they didn't have the official license for it. Maybe there was some loophole by which they could create the historic layouts without having the license, but doing the modern track with a proper track survey almost demands having the license obtained.