the suspension to work for any of the dirt mods

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Kevin Frazier, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Kevin Frazier

Kevin Frazier Registered

Just wondering if anybody had gotten any of the suspension to work for any of the dirt mods. The susp. from rF1 for dirt is unusable and haven't had any luck on getting anything to work worth a crap.

2. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

No luck here, quit messing with physics untill we have more information available.

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

What kind of issues there is, .hdv or .pm part of suspension that is providing issues?

One thing we have found out is that suspensions seem to act bit more soft, but so far I have had no time to look is it pushrods and .pm file settings that are used differently now or is there changes in spring model, or maybe something else all together.

I don't really know what are these dirt mods, so I have no idea how those are made, do you have any sample section you could post that we could take a look and perhaps give some suggestions?

4. shadow1208

shadow1208 Registered

These are the settings for the rear of our dirt car, but with these settings and number of bars the car is unusable.

// 4 forward links
    //upper links
    [BAR] //right = negative
    posbody=body negbody=rear_axle pos=(-0.574,0.17,0.850) neg=(-0.574,0.07,1.332)

[BAR] //left
    posbody=body negbody=rear_axle pos=(0.574,0.17,0.850) neg=(0.574,0.07,1.332)

//lower links
    [BAR] //right -0.162,0.839
    posbody=body negbody=rear_axle pos=(-0.685,0.080,1.005) neg=(-0.685,-0.127,1.332)

[BAR] //left
    posbody=body negbody=rear_axle pos=(0.685,-0.05,0.939) neg=(0.685,-0.127,1.332)

// Track bar (heights will be changed with track bar adjustments)
    [BAR]
    name=track_bar posbody=body negbody=rear_axle pos=(0.505, 0.125, 1.12) neg=(-0.55, 0.03, 1.22)

5. Kevin Frazier

Kevin Frazier Registered

Any information available out there ? we need a yellow spot to reply here lol for a few mins.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I have been wondering this bit and for me there is nothing that really strikes out, but then again I'm not too familiar with such links, mostly I do solid or de dion axles these days.

There seem to be difference between left and right side lower links body connection, but I guess that is intentional too?

I have found that at least with rF1 making links longer often reveals something, that is what I would probably test and see what starts to happen from there.

Also in rF1 I like to visually see links with 3d SuspEdit so that oddities can be spotted and fixed:
    http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Suspension Editor

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Unfortunately it doesn't make sense for the devs to spend time doing a little bit of everything at this point, they need to further refine certain types of vehicular simulation.

I know they intend to help you be able to model just about anything, but I can't give you a timeline for it.