The Sky... the big thing rFactor 2 has to improve

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BlackGoku, May 18, 2017.

1. gor

gor Registered

Google translate:
    "The brightness of the sky, depending on the time of day, height, direction, position of the sun, humidity, dust and aerosol content, is subject to significant fluctuations. The brightness of the daytime sky at one height, due only to the scattering of light, can vary by almost two orders of magnitude."

But what i am sure about - i should not see green rays from sun (well, tbh it can be possible in very rare circumstances but its not our case)
    Also imo sun brightness is a bit high or bloom effect is a bit high or something else with similar effect is a bit high and that can affect on color.

Also, those ppl who talk about "more important problem than sky". Yeah, you are right. But don't you think player base depends on how it looks too? I mean rf2 have another huge problem - dead online. As a newbish driver i wont go to leagues, just wonna relax pub race with same shitty players as me :D, but its dead. If some graphic improvements can affect online its good. I believe thats why rf2 moving to dx11 so sky discussion has a place to be.

And a joke at the end about sky - maybe devs has uncalibrated monitors? :D
    Peace.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Lol, the guy starts a valid discussion in order to think about how rF2 sky could improve and the butt-hurt team immediately tells him to play some game else, nothing new in the front,this behaviour is so tireless. I think OT has a point, rF2 simulates a very high cloud formation in the sky which seems to be flat from the ground level. In other hand, volumetric lower clouds are FPS eaters so there's a compromise to be found here. Enough to say currently DX11 nubby weather already eats 20 FPS so you can imagine the damage if there was another layers of clouds between the current sky and the ground.

RoboCAT10, Louis, adamfarmer and 4 others like this.
  3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Here is one more example how butt-hurt team moves on to an other thread from same OT where he has a good and valid point.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/a-working-clutch-please-we-need-it.55832/

[​IMG]

Come on old timers (MCMXCVIII) o_O

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

If you used a bit of common sense you would see that it's not his topic that causes the reactions but the way he goes about it.
    He contradicts himself while bashing rf2,then in the next post he says he never said that.
    Come on youngins,use your brain

CamiloNino and Navigator like this.
  5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Grow up and be rid of mentality" my sim is better then yours" and please don`t use attitude " If you used a bit of common sense" when you reply to me.

Thank you.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

The OP has the right to his opinion.
    We have the right to totally disagree. And I for one totally disagree.

Firstly that the sky effects are broken.
    Secondly that its a major issue that needs fixing.
    Thirdly that it has any impact on immersion.

I have found incredible immersion in RF2. 90 minute open wheeler races with the fastest drivers around, finishing sweaty and exhausted. 24 hour races in the Nordschliefe with a team of 4. Full day night transition, night time campfires in key spots. Co drivers that didnt hear their alarm, real world real time weather including rain. Etc etc.
    Ive just spent 3 days doing test runs and collecting data in Motec for a 24 hr race this month and still have to do a wet setup.

So someone feels that a static sky picture in a sim that has no day night transition, no rain, no ability to import the actual weather, and IMO ( yes I am entitled to one as well) far inferior FFB, Tyre model, physics authenticity (name a real race team that uses iRacing engine).
    My response is so what?

Sims have core features or capacities, and have frilly bits that might excite certain ppl. Bit like PCars rain drops on windsreens that dont budge at 200kph.
    The sky issue is peripheral, it is so removed from why I race and where I get immersion and its good anyway.
    The above features are why I race RF2. The OP is welcome to think different.
    I totally disagree with him but respect his right to his opinion.
    A bit like the guy who got really uptight about the architectural merit of the steel beam design in the stands at the new Toban Park.

Does that make me bad? No it just means I don't agree. No amount of banging on repeating his concerns will make me give second thought to his opinion.
    I'm here for that stuff not the sky which is great anyawy.

So if you come here and venture an opinion be prepared to be disagreed with.
    If its saying another sim is better, then best wear your hard hat or double up on the meds.
    Some ppl will strongly disagree.
    We have opinions too.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, that didn't come from us butt-hurters. (Speaking of "growing up" btw)

Do you really want to defend a guy who says stuff like this:
    I am not discussing rFactor 2 vs iRacing
    iRacing completely destroys rFactor 2 (Yes, that's where it came from)
    to take for ass, the fucking guiri
    you are just a motherfucker fucking sucker idiot

Posting all of this in the wrong forum section and when there is some discussion about it; posts even more, again in the wrong section.
    He is looking for it and you know it.

patchedupdemon and F1Aussie like this.
  8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No, no and no.
    Look in to this thread from OT: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/a-working-clutch-please-we-need-it.55832/
    Who throws the first stone ? Second stone is coming from you my friend and it is how butt-hurter team operates.

It doesn't mater if hes threads are in wrong forum section. Forum admin can easily move it to right section, you pretending as forum police is childish. BTW is this thread from you is it in right forum section?: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/no-internet-no-rfactor-2.55771/

OT is 19 years old lost in translation just like I am from time to time, let it be :rolleyes:

RoboCAT10 and Louis like this.
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Excuse my ignorance but what the hell is a butt hurter team?

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

That was in addition to the first topic mate and if you are pointed towards a pain spot and the first thing you do is add 2 more; you're bound to get some static.

The wrong section is not that important, but just to be annoying doing it again and again.........

The first stone? Was his own second (and third) topic plus stating this again: "iRacing, Assetto Corsa or Automobilista has a working clutch"

Saying I'm pretending to be forum police, calling guys members from the butt-hurt team; that is childish.

"Lost in translation".........hmm........"iRacing is better" isn't that hard; that was no mistake. Said it about 10 times if not more, started it even more when guys responded to that; I think OT is very aware of what he is doing.
    Than there are members of the young boys lovers club, starting to call people names because his lover is not happy.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  11. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

That is a good point... if you are talking about graphics in general. How the car looks, the track, post effects, shadows, performance, things like that. The stuff the S397 are actually working on right now.

But the sky being a little bit greener? I'm not sure that will make much of a difference in online population to be honest, at least not compared to other graphical things. Sure, if all it takes is a quick fix by all means make the sky color as realistic as possible (keeping in mind there is no "right" color as it depends on a lot of changing factors). If it is a lot of work it would be a waste of time in my humble opinion.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You know that I agree 100% with @ECAR_Tracks when he states: " Lol, the guy starts a valid discussion in order to think about how rF2 sky could improve and the butt-hurt team immediately tells him to play some game else, nothing new in the front,this behaviour is so tireless." and there is nothing you can do about that.
    It was no-brainer for me to find out that: "iRacing, Assetto Corsa or Automobilista has a working clutch" OT meant drivetrain modelling to simulate sequential gearshift mechanisms, electronic features as downshift protection. Gears/ gearbox/ clutch leading to failure if consistently misused or abused. Turbo modelling, boost / push-to-pass and energy recovery systems. Realistic TC and AB, but for you it was mission impossible be course your state of mind is that my sim is better then yours.

I do not want to comment your last sentence, be careful what you are stating.

The end.

RoboCAT10, Louis and Guimengo like this.
  13. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

But when your using sims that don't use a realistic implementation of those features,but a simplified gamer implementation,then the argument is invalid from the get go.
    I guess all we have to say from all this,is that the two differing styles of expressing opinions shows the lack of integrity between people's.
    One discusses with clear observation,the other expresses in a way that is a kin to primary school playground etiquette

14. gor

gor Registered

You can believe or not but some ppl see not "the sky being a little bit greener" but they said "color is so wrong, eyes tired very fast, dx9 sky is more correct i will just use dx9, who cares about graphics if its wrong". At some point DX9 will be discarded, so better to discuss now. Anyway its only a discussion, its not "I am right and you all are wrong" or something. Ppl gives feedback, devs reading and makes decisions. No need to arguing, spam, flame, blame or some kind of shit so devs just will say "nah, too long wont read". Just tell what you think that is enough.
    Peace.

15. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I guess that's possible, but I would be surprised if that group is anything else than a vocal minority.

Not sure if that's directed at me or at the other guys arguing, but yeah, I'm just saying what I think too. The devs need the feedback from everyone, including those who disagree.

16. gor

gor Registered

While browse a forum i see so much...nvm, ofc its not about you.

17. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Ask them, they are experts at having butt pain

18. stonec

stonec Registered

If somebody claims their eyes get more tired because they are looking at a 2% greener sky, they were probably trolling with you.

If you want to avoid a cyan sky and still use DX11, I found the solution. Open Config_DX11.ini file and change the following line to:

EPostProcessingSettings=0

19. gor

gor Registered

Or they have ips monitor and there cyan is even worse.
    Also different ppl have different eyes.
    For example i have motion sickness if play shooter.
    For some ppl 30-40 fps is enough for gaming.
    I believe some color sensitive difference exist too.
    Anyway i do not care much about it, im almost happy with what we have. All i think i said before.

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I don't know who they are to ask, who is this team, i don't get it.

BeefyPeeg likes this.